My Bucket List

My Bucket List

Your life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

48
My Bucket List
http://journalistontherun.com/2015/07/16/wanderlust-wonderful-state-of-being/

Adventure is out there and my heart yearns to travel and explore the unknown. I am filled with wanderlust and I want to be able to look back on my life and be happy with the goals I accomplished. The biggest regret someone can have is knowing they missed an opportunity to experience something amazing. My new motto is, "If it scares me, experience it." I used to be afraid of roller coasters and now I love them. I would have never known unless I tried them. I am going to conquer my fears and go on the greatest adventure of my life. And although I have far too many ideas to fit into one lifetime, my goal is to cross off as many ideas as I can. Everyone is craving some sort of adventure and here are just a few of mine.

1. Meet John Cena.

Anyone who knows me, knows I love John Cena. I am his number one fan. I have most of his merchandise and I know every single word to his rap theme song on WWE. He is not only my favorite wrestler but he is also one of my biggest inspirations. I have replayed this moment in my head about a million times and there are no words to describe how amazing it would be to meet him.

2. Buy a Volkswagen Van.

I want to embrace my inner hippie and buy a Volkswagen van. I have always been interested in anything vintage styled and I would love to take my van and go on a road trip with my friends.

3. Visit all 50 states.

Each and every state has its own unique features, staples, and attractions. Rhode Island is known for Block Island, the Newport Mansions and the Cliff Walk, Narragansett, Iggy's, the Umbrella Factory, Del's lemonade, and coffee milk. I have seen those Only In Your State links and I am drawn to them because I want to learn more about the U.S. and what each state is known for. Many people think they need to travel across the world to find these incredible places even though some of them are local to the US.

4. Visit all 7 continents.

Let's be honest, who wouldn't want to travel to all of the continents? Very few people can say they've been to all seven continents and I want to learn more about different places, people and cultures and than my own.

5. Visit every national park in the U.S.

I absolutely love national parks and I feel most content when I am immersed in nature.

6. Visit Yosemite National Park, California/Nevada.

This park has been towards the top of my list forever. I’ve seen pictures and read about the park, but it’s not the same as actually experiencing it in person. I would love to just explore and photograph the landscape, paying tribute to one of the greatest landscape photographers, Ansel Adams. I also want to climb the Half Dome and see everything from the highest point in the park.

7. Visit Zion National Park, Utah.

Zion National Park is one of the most unique places in the world. Its rock formations make it a very popular tourist attraction and it definitely seems worth it. The formations known as "the Narrows" and "the Subway" are the two popular places among the park and they are very picturesque.

8. Visit the Grand Canyon (and Skywalk), Arizona.

I love looking at the massive structures of the earth and how they formed. The Skywalk will definitely help me overcome my fear of heights.

9. Visit Niagara Falls, Canada & U.S.

Waterfalls are beautiful and Niagara Falls is one of the biggest and strongest waterfalls in the U.S. I would love to see this huge force of nature up close.

10. Visit Hobbiton, New Zealand.

I am a book/movie geek and J.R.R. Tolkien is one of my favorite authors. It would be incredibly surreal to stand in the movie set of one of the best movies, the Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings.

11. Skydive in Newport.

Newport is one of the prettiest towns in Rhode Island, from the shops and restaurants to the ports and beaches. I would love to overcome my fear of heights by skydiving and seeing the town in a completely new perspective.

12. Read in the secluded library, China.

This library is secluded on a beach in China and there is nothing else for miles. Not only is this library very quiet, it is the perfect location for reading because it offers the view of the ocean.

13. Drive the Great Ocean Road, Australia.

The Great Ocean Road is one of the most scenic roads in the world. I love long car rides and this coastline drive goes on for miles. I bet this drive is breathtaking no matter when you go.

14. Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia.

I am intrigued by the animals that live in the ocean and it would be amazing to be able to swim with them and explore their habitats.

15. Zip Lining in the Amazon, South America.

The Amazon Rainforest is one of the most diverse places. There are so many species native and home to this rainforest and the scenery is stunning.

16. Dog Sledding in Iceland.

Dogs are one of my favorite animals and I can enjoy being in their company as well as enjoy the beautiful landscapes that Iceland has to offer. It is one of the most unique forms of transportation.

17. Swing at the End of the World, Ecuador.

That doesn't look too scary right? Again, I am terribly afraid of heights and the only way to conquer that fear is to force myself out of my comfort zone.

18. Climb Machu Picchu, Peru.

Machu Picchu holds an interesting history dating back to 15th century. The Incas built these structures on the top of the mountain and it would be so interesting to stand next to these structures.

19. Stay in an underwater hotel room, Tanzania.

I love the ocean and I feel like it would be an awesome experience to be surrounded by the fish for a night.

20. Stay at the Igloo Hotel, Switzerland.

This hotel is so unique and one of a kind. Not only can you stay in an igloo but the roof is glass so you can see the Northern Lights at night.

21. Attend the Floating Lanterns Festival, Thailand.

I love the movie Tangled and ever since I watched it, I have been obsessed with the idea of going to the Floating Lanterns Festival. It will feel like the movie has come to life and it will be one of the best moments.

22. Sit in the World's Quietest Room, South Minneapolis.

Sometimes it's good to step away from the noise of our lives and sit in silence. The longest time someone was able to sit in this room was about 45 minutes and I want to try and sit there for a full hour.

23. Stargazing in Death Valley National Park, California.

I love stargazing and trying to figure out where the constellations are. The best place to stargaze is in the desert because there are no lights from the city and you can see everything.

24. Attend a Dave Matthews Band concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Colorado or the Gorge Amphitheatre, Washington.

Dave Matthews Band is one of my favorite bands and I've seen them live a bunch of times. I usually go to their concerts at the Xfinity Center but it would be really cool to go to their other venues such as the Red Rocks or the Gorge. The concerts at these venues will have a different atmosphere and feel.

25. Attend Countryfest/Soulfest.

I love music, concerts, and festivals. I love country music and those types of concerts are so much fun. I also love worship music and I find it incredible when hundreds of people come together to worship God.

26. Attend Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania is the biggest event in the WWE. Over 100,000 people from all over the world attend this event and the crowd is deafening. Just to be there and experience it on that scale would be amazing.

27. Go on a mission trip to Haiti.

I have always wanted to go on a mission trip and help people. I want to go to Haiti specifically because it is one of the poorest places and I want to make a difference.

28. Attend World Youth Day.

This special day is hosted by the Catholic Church and it is a day where people from all over the world come together on Palm Sunday and celebrate the faith. Over three million people attend this event and it takes place every three years in a different country.

29. Live in a log cabin.

I am slightly obsessed with log cabins and I've seen just about every episode of extreme log homes. I have a board on Pinterest that is specifically for log cabins.

30. Work for National Geographic.

I would love to work for National Geographic as a photo journalist. I grew up watching their channel and reading their magazines and it would be an incredible opportunity to work for the company.