My Big Is My Bestfriend

My Big Is My Bestfriend

One of those being finding one of my absolute bestfriends, my big.

11
My Big Is My Bestfriend
Macy Johnson

I know this article may seem a little what some people may call "basic" but it's the honest truth. Going through sorority recruitment I had absolutely no idea what to expect or what I was in for. Where I come from there are watermelon trucks or aka 'school buses with the top cut off' riding around during the summer wherever you look. Not to mention tractors driving on all major road because we are known for farming and it's something our little town is very proud of all of and everything that our farmers do. But with this being said, not too many people go off and decide the first thing they want to do is join a sorority or a fraternity in college. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people along the way who encouraged me to embark on this journey. I can say that it isn't for everyone and that is perfectly okay! Being in a sorority has given me so many new opportunities that I would have never dreamed of. One of those being finding one of my absolute bestfriends, my big. My big is everything one should be. She is the perfect role model and someone I look up to even if she doesn't that she has been nothing short of extroidinary. It is amazing to me that someone I would have never met if not for my sorority made such an impact on my life. I know that if I'm having a bad day, she can ALWAYS make it better. She's always on my side 100% of the time through every obstacle and when it comes to the other person even when she knows i'm wrong. But better believe she will let me know individually how wrong I am when it's just us. Also, she is the ONLY person that I will let be mean to me, jokingly of course without me taking it personally! I think it's probably because I can be mean right back and she knows i'm kidding as well! I know that if I'm bored and have nothing to do, she probably doesn't either and is more than willing to go get pizza and let us have a movie night. There has been countless times where if I'm hungry and there is mac and cheese, or potatoes around she will break down and cook my anything...even if she really doesn't want to! I know that I will always have someone to just walk with me through Publix because I don't want to go alone. I also cannot believe that I have found someone to love her cat as much as I love mine or someone who would jump at the opportunity to watch him while i'm gone. She's been there through the best of times and the worst of times and has made me laugh harder or been a shoulder to cry on. I know she probably wouldn't want to agree because she doesn't like the attention or recognition but she has truly been like my mom away from home. I look forward to seeing her pursue her dreams and for her career to take off even if it does mean her graduating soon and leaving me. I know she's not really leaving me though because well, she isn't going to be able to get rid of me! I cannot wait for the day "dad" finally pops the question and for yall's big day! I have learned so many things from her that have made me so much better as a person. If my sorority has done anything for me, anything at all, it is lead me to one of my lifelong bestfriends and I could not be more grateful for that.