My Best Friend's Search For Bread

My Best Friend's Search For Bread

All she wanted was bread, not an adventure.

5
My Best Friend's Search For Bread

In the midst of quarantine and self-isolation, everyone is searching to find something to do to occupy their time - myself included.

I just finished my freshman year of college, and I honestly don't want to spend my days watching Tik Toks or making them.. well, just not as often. So I was talking to my best friend about the usual best friend things, like how much we like bread and how bored we are.

That's when I mentioned how I wanted to make my own bread because that's how bored I am.

Plus, I like the satisfaction of making something and getting to enjoy the result. After bringing up the idea to make my own bread, she wanted to go and buy a loaf of French bread just to eat it. Because apparently, that's what you do with bread - you don't use it for meals, you make the loaf of bread the meal itself.

Now that she had the idea in her mind of enjoying a whole loaf of bread, she decided that she wanted to go to Walmart to buy it.

I joined her for the trip via Snapchat, but I had no idea it would turn into a Snapchat adventure.

First, though, she had to get up and get off of her phone so she could get dressed and go to her car... And that took about two hours because she got distracted by Facebook and took a short nap. Once she was finally dressed, though, she went out to her car, cleaned out the trash that was in it (because I guess it needed to be done), and then she was off to the closest Walmart.

Apparently, the people in her area are horrible drivers because she couldn't get into the left lane to turn into Walmart, but this benefited her. She drove past the parking lot and saw that there was zero parking, so she just kept driving and went to a nearby Target. I think it's a common trend that where there is a Walmart, there is definitely a Target close by.

When she got to Target, she put on her makeshift mask and sprinted across the store to try and find the bread. But to her dismay, there was no bread at this Target. This trip wasn't useless, though, because she picked up some things that she needed and then searched for another Walmart. Once she found another one, she was off again.

She parked at the second Walmart and headed to the entrance, but she overheard the strangest thing. She heard some guy talking about how some other guy dropped dead in the parking lot, and she saw the police tape and everything. She told me and her boyfriend about the body and the police while making her way around the store to find the bread.

Unfortunately, there was no bread to be found.

Feeling disappointed and defeated, and also hungry, she decided to go use a Panera Bread gift card to get actual food. Then it hit her - they sell whole loaves of French bread! So, she did what any person would do after this adventure - she bought herself a loaf of bread from Panera.

All she wanted was some bread, but instead, she got an adventure - with a side of French bread.