My Best Friend's Importance In Growing Up

The best part of awkward days of youth

49

To my Bestie.

I have known you for nine years now and been best friends with you the entire time, except for the week I was horrified of you. We may not have known each other since we in diapers, but you saw me through awkward pre-teen grossness and the hot mess that is high school. Those are where you change and grow the most anyway so it doesn't matter that I never took a diaper pic with you (Thank god). Anyway, I love you and here comes the sap.

I remember too many awkward stories, but my favorite is us feeding each other (Readers, there's a cute reason I swear). This is my favorite because it taught me that I finally had a best friend that would do anything I needed them to.

You taught me how to fight back and stand up for myself, because every single thing that comes out of your mouth is fiesty and it made me want to speak out, and be as funny as you are. You taught me all over again that sharing is caring. We share snacks and clothes, and makeup. But more importantly we share the things we'd never want anyone else to know. You've let me confide in you for what feels like all my life and your resulting advice has shaped my identity in so many ways. You are my teacher for always, constanly guiding me in every way. I don't know how I'd survive in this crazy world without you.

Every young person out there needs to know how important their best friend is to learning how to be a grown-up.Learn that Someone needs to be in your life other than your family to be proud of you and say how far you've come. Choose wisely, I did.