My 2nd Year of College is Almost Over

In less than ten days, I will be finished with my second year of schooling at California State University Long Beach. I am having a hard time believing that I will be halfway done with both of my majors and halfway to getting my degrees. For this article, I just want to talk about how my semester went since it is practically over.

Overall, this semester was pretty good, but I do not think I will not schedule all of my classes two days a week. I hated having four classes nearly back to back two days a week because by the end of the day I was tired and I had a hard time focusing in my night class. I prefer to have classes four days a week because then my classes are more spread out and because I feel more productive. Although it was nice to not have any classes two days a week, I felt less productive because I was not running around campus and going to class. I was mainly sitting in my dorm doing homework and then watching YouTube videos when I finished. So for the fall semester I am going to go back to having classes four days a week because I think for college courses it’s less tiring.

Something that I am excited for in this summer will be makeup school to become a makeup artist. I learned about the school and saw that it was offering classes over the summer and I jumped at the opportunity. I love doing makeup because I like the ability to change my look each and every day, and I like all of the different options there are for makeup. Before I was just buying a fair amount of makeup and putting it on myself, but now I make my love of makeup productive. I also wanted to go to makeup school because I wanted to diversify myself for graduate school because I do not know of many people who are in my majors that also do makeup professionally. Before I go to graduate school, I want to get some work experience because I want to demonstrate that I can survive in the real world, and that I can land a job.

Moving to the classes I had this semester, I did not enjoy them as much. I really had an issue with one of my classes, but my dislike of that class made me not enjoy this semester. I found the class to be unproductive and that the assignments that assessed our learning were poor. We were behind most of the time in the class, and the professor tried to cram everything in at the last minute, instead of adjusting the syllabus. I cannot wait to hand in my final for that class because I do not want to take another one like it again. However, the classes that pertained to my major were interesting as always because the professors were passionate about teaching the subject and I could get a lot of one-on-one time with them. My other three classes made the semester bearable.

I am glad that the semester is over because I will be home for the summer, and I will not have to drive back to school nearly every Sunday. I have almost completed my second year at CSULB, and I know that my third year will be a great year based on the classes I have chosen for fall.