Must Attend Music Festivals

8 Essential Music Festivals If You Live For Concerts

No matter the genre of music or the time of year, there is never a shortage of opportunities to attend a music festival.

106
Shwa Hall

If you've seen any media lately, you know that music festivals are more popular than ever right now. People from all over the country and sometimes from even further gather to share a short, but most memorable few days filled with music. If you're anything like me, this list of essential festivals will guide you to another perfect weekend with your friends and favorite artists.

1. Coachella

Located in Indio, California, Coachella is probably one of the most well known music festivals. Attention is drawn from its popular headlining artists including The Weeknd, Beyoncé, Eminem, and Odesza, as well as its featured abstract art pieces. Many attending also camp right onsite for the full "'Chella" experience.

2. Lollapalooza

Located in Chicago, Illinois, this one may be a bit of a road trip. "Lolla", for short, is another well known yearly summer festival. Since 1991, in the month of August, artists like Bruno Mars, Travis Scott, Khalid, The Arctic Monkeys, Glantis, Post Malone, The Weeknd, Logic, Excision, and many more perform on the famous stages.

3. Phoenix Lights

This two day festival is located in Arizona at The Park At Wild Horse Pass. Phoenix Lights is a newer festival, although has still held some big named artists on its stages. Mainly featuring EDM artists like Alesso, Tiësto, Zeds Dead, Bro Safari, Illenium, Diplo, Seven Lions, Martin Garrix, Boombox Cartel, and Joyryde. Phoenix Lights has also included some Rap artists such as Travis Scott and Gucci Mane.

4. Decadence

Last year, this festival took place at the Rawhide Event Center in Arizona. In 2017 Decadence took place during December and hosted EDM artists such as Big Wild, Black Tiger Sex Machine, Galanis, What So Not, and Louis The Child.

5. Electric Daisy Carnival

EDC, for short, is one of the most familiar music festival destinations for people who love live music. In 2018, EDC took place in Las Vegas, Nevada. During these three days, electric dance music artists such as Chris Lake, Diplo, Excision, Flux Pavilion, Jai Wolf, Kaskade, San Holo, Slushii, and Whethan perform their dj sets.

6. Stagecoach

To name another music festival located in Indio, California, Stagecoach provides music fans with an array of Country artists. This year's past lineup included Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban, and Garth Brooks.

7. Dusk

Dusk is a two day festival held in Tucson, Arizona each year. This festival, right by the University of Arizona, has featured artists such as Milky Chance, Big Sean, Louis The Child, Vince Staples, and Steve Aoki.

8. Countdown

This uniquely timed festival takes place on the last two days of each year, making for a perfect way to begin the new year. Countdown mainly hosts EDM artists such as Alison Wonderland, Datsik, Deadmau5, Flosstradamus, and Melvv.

Music festivals are perfect for any time of year and luckily for us music lovers, they take place all over the country. No matter the genre of music or the time of year, there is never a shortage of opportunities to attend a music festival. These eight specific festivals are perfect examples of how to discover more artists, meet new friends, and continue to love music.