Conducting A Symphony Of Sound

Conducting A Symphony Of Sound

The music that heals my soul

12
Conducting A Symphony Of Sound
Miranda Maynard
"As I am swimming through the stereo, I conduct a symphony of sound." - The Mixed Tape by Jack's Mannequin.

Those lyrics are some of the most true lyrics of my life. If you know me personally, you know that my entire life, my entire world, my entire being, is based on music.

My favorite thing to do is to sit in my room and listen to old songs, new songs, new releases, new bands and old bands. You can ask my mother, it is completely true. At a young age, I fell in love with music. I learned how to dance to Shania Twain. If I were riding in a car, there had to be some type of music playing.

No matter what I go through, I turn to music. It makes me feel even better when I am happy, it makes me feel unstoppable when I am down, it makes me feel irreplaceable when I am sad and it makes me learn how to express myself in different ways. Audioslave's "Be Yourself." got me through a time when I didn't fully understand how different I am from the world. I am unique and so are you. The best thing about being unique to me, is that I have a completely different taste in music than you do. So, when I listen to some of your music I am exposed to what you are feeling and what you love to hear. I love to share music and I love to hear new music.

So, in honor of music I am going to make a list of SOME (I couldn't make a full list to fit on this page or it would be so long, you would get bored. I promise.) of my favorite bands and singers and my favorite songs by them. This is not in order, by any means, because I can never actually pick out a "favorite band." (Even though Jimmy Eat World is WAY up there)

1) Jimmy Eat World

They recently released a new song and it is pretty amazing! My top three favorite songs by them are: Hear You Me, 23, and The Middle.

2) Fall Out Boy

They have been around for a while, and they keep amazing me with each new song. My top three favorite songs by them are: Dance Dance, I've Got A Dark Alley and A Bad Idea, and Sixteen Candles.

3) P!NK

She is freaking awesome and I love her. Need I say more? My top three favorite songs by her (but for sure not all of my favorites) are: Stupid Girls, U + UR Hand, and So What ( Because seriously "I've got my rock moves and I don't need you... and you're a tool")

4)Beyonce

I love this woman. (Plus I am called Mironce half of the time) She is "FLAWLESS" and she is "IRREPLACEABLE" My top three favorite songs by her are: Sorry, Flawless, and Diva.

5) Nicki Minaj

My mother dearest was not so thrilled when I brought my first Nicki CD home, but I was! I love her because she raps the truth and I can relate to the truth. (Also she makes me feel really good about myself, and we all need that.) My three favorite songs by her (even though I could name 40 of them as my favorite) are: Stupid Hoe, Anaconda, and Pills N' Potions ("People will love and support you when it's beneficial I'mma forgive, I won't forget, but I'mma dead the issue.")Go buy all of her albums today they are the bomb.

6) Kenny Chesney

I love this man and if he were to knock on my door I would be gone. Easy as that. I have had the biggest crush on him forever, but that's not the point. I love all if his music I can never pick out a "top three favorite songs" list but, here are my top three of the day: Don't Happen Twice, I Go Back, and Living In Fast Forward.

7) Thomas Rhett

Wowee-wowzer, what a creature. (Plus his marriage and story is so sweet!) I loved him the first day he released his music and I will love him forever. My top three favorites are: Make Me Wanna, Learned It From The Radio, and T-Shirt.

8)Led Zeppelin

I like them mostly because of my Dad, he is ALWAYS playing their music and it's his favorite band. My favorite song by them is: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

9) Guns N Roses

I love Slash. My top three favorite songs by them are: Sweet Child Of Mine, November Rain, and Patience.

10) Fleetwood Mac

For the love of Stevie Nicks. They will always be in the top three of my favorite bands. They are timeless. My top three favorite songs are: Go Your Own Way, Landslide, and Tusk.

11) G-Eazy

He's a pretty cool dude. My three favorite songs are: Far Alone, Been On, and Marilyn.

12) Sheryl Crow

Her voice is the voice of an absolute goddess. My top three favorite songs are: Everyday Is A Winding Road, I Shall Believe, and The First Cut Is The Deepest ( "When it comes to being lucky, he's cursed. But when it comes to loving me, he's worse." Those are some timeless lyrics if I must say so myself!)

13) The Wreckers

They are really great, everyone needs to listen to a Wreckers song. My favorites are: The Good Kind and Leave the Pieces.

14) Lynyrd Skynyrd

They are basically the band of the south. So, I don't have to explain anything else. My top three favorite songs by them are: Tuesday's Gone, Free Bird, and Sweet Home Alabama ( But Go Vols!)

15) *NSYNC

This was the start of my boy JT (Justin Timberlake), so how could I not like them?

My favorite song by them without a shadow of a doubt is Bye Bye Bye.

16) John Mayer

I LOVE him. All of his songs, all of his words, all of his music. He is so amazing and I have never loved an artist more. Top three favorite songs (but not all of my favorites) are: The Heart Of Life, Gravity, and St. Patrick's Day.

17) Frank Sinatra

He is so timeless and his voice gives me chills. My favorite is, "New York, New York" So, "start spreading the news."

18) Justin Timberlake

He's from Tennessee, he's funny, and he's cute. There is no need to elaborate more on why I love this guy. My top three favorites are: Senorita, Rock Your Body, and Strawberry Bubble Gum.

19) Justin Bieber

He has an amazing voice and all of the songs on his new album are amazing. My top three favorites are: Purpose, Boyfriend, and No Pressure.

20) Taylor Swift

Not as much of a fan as I used to be, but I will always love her. The classic T-Swizzle songs I grew up on will never get old. My top three favorites are: Better Than Revenge, White Horse, and Tim McGraw.

I have not even scratched the surface on my favorite songs, artists, or bands. I listen to tons of music in a day and I am very diverse in my music selection. I recently discovered a band called, Olin and The Moon, and I am obsessed with them. I also LOVE Tyler Hilton and his songs, "Loaded Gun," "Missing You," (pretty sure it's a cover)" and "Glad". I also REALLY enjoy "Bust A Move" by Young MC, "It's Tricky" by Run DMC ( This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital....) and "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey, it's an EPIC shower song.

Like I said, I have not even touched the surface of my favorite bands, favorite artists, and favorite songs.These are simply just some of my favorites. It changes daily, but the one thing that will never change is my love for music.

P.S. I strongly encourage you to go check some of the songs out, especially by the new band I discovered. ( Olin and The Moon, the song "Not In Love" is my personal favorite! )