Music For The Soul
Music For The Soul
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/18/636438934941765135979634803_IMG_4868.JPG

Music. One of the only things people can look forward to at any part of the day. There's a song somewhere out there that relates to every, and I mean EVERY situation in life.

When I first meet people, a surprising question pops through my head: "I wonder what kind of music they listen to?"

I believe that through one's music choice, you can tell a lot about a person and it's a really neat way to get to know someone. We all have a different music taste and that's O.K. It's what makes us all unique.

Throughout the years, music has transformed. In 1950, Elvis Presley came into the music industry only to make himself the King of Rock and Roll.The Beatles made their debut in the 1960's becoming the first "boy band" to exist and bringing "fan girls" to life. The 1970's was when Michael Jackson changed the world with his songs in every genre and his killer dance moves. The Spice Girls turned the 90's into a pop era and defined girl power.We can't forget about the good old 2000's when NSYNC and The Backstreet Boys were out to steal teenage girl's hearts.

Within the last 17 years, we've been introduced to a variety of solo artists and bands such as Eminem, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, and One Direction; but that's not even the beginning.

I wanted to take the time to bring back a few songs that we forgot about, weren't appreciated enough or never even heard of. Some of them are throwbacks, while others are more recent. These are just a list of my favorites and I hope you like them too.

"Let It Be" -The Beatles
"Hey Jude" -The Beatles
"P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)" -Michael Jackson
"I'll Be There"- Jackson Five
"Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)"- MIKA
"Love Shack" -The B-52's
"Wannabe" - The Spice Girls
"Dancing With Myself" - Billy Idol
"Waterfalls" - TLC
"3 am" - Matchbox Twenty
"We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey
"U Got It Bad" - Usher
"Empire State of Mind" - JAY Z & Alicia Keys
"American Boy" - Estelle
"Jesus, Take the Wheel" - Carrie Underwood
"Bless the Broken Road" - Rascal Flatts
"Because You Loved Me" -Celine Dion
"You be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet on the Ground" - Mayday Parade
"Jersey" - Mayday Parade
"Smells like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
"Santeria"- Sublime
"History" - One Direction
"Sweet Creature" - Harry Styles
"All the ways" - Wet
"Don't Take the Money" - Bleachers
"ILYSB" -LANY

All throughout history and in the world today, music artists have changed the way society lives, thinks and acts. As society, it's our choice as to what we want to fill our mind with; positive or the negative music. It's easy for our heads to cloud up especially when these artists have such an effect on us. So next time while you're about to add that song to your Spotify or iTunes playlist, make sure the artist is using kindhearted words and the song is dispensing a positive vibe into your soul.