Music Festival Season Has Begun

Music Festival Season Has Begun

It's the time for musical paradise and empty wallets.

39
Music Festival Season Has Begun
Joshua Timmermans

It's that time of the year again in the United States. The time where the spring semesters at schools are wrapping up, people are going on vacation, and concert addicts are going broke. It's Music Festival Season.

Coachella just recently finished but the season is far from over. Some upcoming music festivals are:

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival: April 22-May 1 in New Orleans, LA

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, more commonly known as "Jazz Fest", is held in one of the oldest racetracks in the United States. The festival typically has well-known music artists from many different genres, including of course jazz. Some of the lineup for this year's festival includes: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nick Jonas, J. Cole, Snoop Dogg, Stevie Wonder, Pearl Jam, Flo Rida, Better Than Ezra, Big Freedia and many more.

For more info, click here.

Stagecoach Music Festival: April 29-May 1 in Indio, CA

Stagecoach Festival is a country music festival in California. Some of the lineup includes: Carrie Underwood, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Luke Bryan, The Band Perry, Little Big Town, Lee Ann Womack, and many more.

For more info, click here.

Sunfest: April 27-May 1 in West Palm Beach, FL

Held right by the waterfront, Sunfest is another music festival with artists from all across the board. Some of this year's lineup includes: Duran Duran, Meghan Trainor, Train, Jason Derulo, Death Cab for Cutie, G-Eazy, Bastille, Walk the Moon, Evanescence, Andy Grammer, Goldfinger, and many more.

For more info, click here.

Hangout Festival: May 20-22 in Gulf Shores, AL

Hangout Festival is also another music festival held by the beach, this one in particular on the beaches of Gulf Shores. Much like Sunfest and Jazz Fest, the lineup carries from many different genres. Artists for this year's festival include The Weeknd, Calvin Harris, Florence + the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Lenny Kravitz, Haim, Panic! at the Disco, Walk the Moon, Fetty Wap, The Neighbourhood, X Ambassadors, and of course many more.

For more info, click here.

Bonnaroo Music Festival: June 9-12 in Manchester, TN

Bonnaroo sports a lineup of diverse artists from many musical genres, and typically performs until late in the night (I'm talking a.m. hours here people). Those are usually the late-night sets though that perform after the headlining act. Some of this year's lineup includes Pearl Jam, J. Cole, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Death Cab for Cutie, M83, Haim, Halsey, The Chainsmokers, Two Door Cinema Club, Third Eye Blind, Tyler the Creator, and more.

For more info, click here.

Essence Music Festival: June 30-July 3 in New Orleans, LA

Essence Festival, known locally as "Essence Fest", is held every year in New Orleans and celebrates the music and culture of African-Americans. Some of this year's lineup includes Ciara, Maxwell, Common, Jeremih, Kelly Price, Kendrick Lamar, Mariah Carey, Tyrese, and more.

For more info, click here.

Summerfest: June 29-July 3; July 5-10 in Milwaukee, WI

Summerfest, marketed as the world's largest music festival, is held annually along the lakefront in Milwaukee, WI. Similar to a few already mentioned, the lineup consists of musical artists from many genres. Some of this year's artists are: Paul McCartney, Luke Bryan, Weezer and Panic! at the Disco (Yes. I know. Together; It's great), Selena Gomez, DNCE, Blake Shelton, Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Tim McGraw, Martin Garrix, Rise Against, Hunter Hayes, The Roots, Nelly, The Fray, and so so many more. Now I see why they call it the world's largest music festival. I left out so many great names, I really could have gone on and on.

For more info, click here.

Lollapalooza Chicago: July 28-31 in Chicago, IL

Lollapalooza, held in Chicago, typically features artists from rock and pop genres, as well as EDM. Some of this year's lineup includes Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lana Del Rey, Future, Major Lazer, Disclosure, Jane's Addiction, G-Eazy, The 1975, Haim, Two Door Cinema Club, Halsey, Martin Garrix, Grimes, Bastille, Local Natives, Years & Years, Third Eye Blind, Kehlani, Lindsey Stirling and more.

For more info, click here.

Warped Tour: June 22- August 13 (US Tour)

Warped Tour travels all across the country throughout the summer. Not only is it actually the largest traveling music festival in the U.S, but it's also the longest one. The artists chosen for the lineup are chosen from rock genres. This year's lineup includes 3Oh!3, Against the Current, Bad Seed Rising, Bullet for My Valentine, Crown the Empire, Falling in Reverse, Good Charlotte, Issues, Mayday Parade, New Found Glory, Sleeping with Sirens, State Champs, Sum 41, The Maine, The Summer Set, Tonight Alive, We the Kings, Yellowcard, and more.

Make sure to check the dates for each artists pertaining to your city because not all artists are traveling to every city. (It's saddening, I know.)

For more info, click here.

I will be here, wishing that I could go to so many because there's multiple that are just pulling at my heartstrings (and wallet) but I can't afford them all. But if you have the money and the time, go out there and soak up the sun. Have some fun, dance to your favorite music, and try not to go bankrupt while you're at it.

Full list of US Music Festivals 2016 can be found here.