Music That Is Taking Me Through 2021

Music That Is Taking Me Through 2021

Because music is the best.

801
Music That Is Taking Me Through 2021

As a person, I tend to be late on media. I watch movies late, TV shows late (I just started Breaking Bad in 2021), and music is no exception. Because of that, I also tend to consume media that I already know and love a lot more than branching out.

This year, I've been trying to make an effort of opening up to new entertainment. With that, here is a list of albums that are new to me and the songs that I love from them.

1. "Alfredo" - Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist

This album came out in 2020, but is this my favorite album of the decade already?

Yes. Yes, it is. There is not a song on the entire project that I do not absolutely adore, and it was difficult to pick a favorite.

2. "Call Me If You Get Lost" - Tyler, The Creator

Genuinely, a future classic, if it's not a classic already.

3. "recently" - Liana Flores

The title track on this EP is so airy and beautiful. I find myself humming it all the time. Listen to the whole thing if you enjoy a mix of lofi and bedroom pop.

4. "Memories of the Heart" - Peter Hadar

The song I chose from the album is a song that reminds me of home. One day, after years of knowing this particular song, I sat down and listened to the full album.

I loved it so much, though, I still think my favorite on the album is First Sight. If you like R&B, this is a nice pick.

5. "2000" - Grand Puba

The album and this track, in particular, have everything that creates amazing rap: amazing beats, perfect flow, and lyricism.

6. "How I Do" - Res

I've never heard an album quite like it before. It blends rock and R&B in a way that I think is really, really special.

Thank you to my music gurus: Ben and my family. I hope this list showed you some new music!