6 Reasons We Love Mississippi State Women's Basketball

If you aren't at the Hump this season, you're missing out.

389
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg1SUPcFC2_/

With only one loss on their backs so far this season, the Mississippi State women's basketball team is on the road to success. With lots of SEC teams still left to play, this group of talented women are set up to finish out this season as predicted SEC champs. Hopefully, they can then make their way to the NCAA postseason competitions.

Atmosphere

The atmosphere at an MSU women's basketball game is second to none. Every fan is on their feet cheering on our ladies to what we hope will be a victory. The defense cheers are loud, and the music is louder, creating an electric energy at the Hump.

Back to back Final Four appearances

The MSU women's basketball team appeared in both the 2017 and 2018 Final Four games and have never ceased to amaze us. Even though the outcome wasn't what we had hoped, they still played their hardest and represented our university extremely well.

Coach Vic Schaefer

Papa Vic is one of our most prized possessions. Mess with him, and you get all of Mississippi State on your bad side too. He never fails to bring an encouraging word to us or to make us all proud. Plus, he showed us how to combine the two most important things in an MSU fan's life by his phrase "praise the Lord and go dawgs."

The players' love for their fans

After every game, the players stay to sign autographs and take pictures with fans of all ages. They are so appreciative of the support they receive and they show it in any way that they can.

Teaira McCowan

She has strength, beauty, and a little bit of attitude. The perfect combination to win our hearts over. Her blocked shots give us our smiles and her sass gives us our laughs. She is a powerhouse, and we are glad she is on our side.

History is being made

Throughout the recent past years, history has been made in the women's basketball program for Mississippi State. From beating ranked teams, to receiving higher team rankings, the team has not only gotten recognition for themselves, but also for our university.

Whether you like basketball or not, this team is one to love and follow. Find the rest of the season's schedule here and follow them the rest of this spring semester. Hail State!