The 7 Stages Of Starting A New Semester, As Told By New Girl

"I'm not convinced I know how to read, I've just memorized a lot of words."

28

New semesters can be full of uncertainty and mixed emotions. Remember that college has its ups and downs, but you can handle whatever is thrown your way! New semesters also mean meeting new people, learning new things, and making fun memories with your BFFs. Cherish it because it will go by quicker than a game of True American.

Moving into your dorm

giphy

The first day of college can be full of emotions. Leaving friends and family at home while moving into your new dorm can leave you feeling both happy and sad at the same time. Getting to see you friends and being back on campus will remind you of all the fun times that await you this year!

Meeting new people in your classes

giphy

Meeting new people and gaining lifelong friends is the best part of college. Don't be afraid to talk to new people and get to know them!

Getting through your first day of classes

giphy

Finishing the first day of a new semester is a huge relief. Start it off on the right foot!

Going a little too hard at the dining hall

giphy

You might get a little too excited to grab some food with your friends. Remember that you can make healthy choices in the dining hall!

Looking over the syllabi for all of your classes

giphy

It can be a little overwhelming to see all of the work that awaits you the rest of the semester. Rest assured that you will get it all done in time.

Finishing the first week of the semester and getting ready to blow off some steam

giphy

First week of school, CHECK! Time to have some fun before the real work begins.

Remembering how much you love your school and being excited to take on the semester!

giphy

New semesters can be daunting, but never forget to have confidence in yourself! You can handle anything that is thrown your way. There are tons of people on campus and back at home who are rooting for you and ready to support you through your college years.