10 Movies Coming Out Summer 2019 That You Need To See

From family favorites to psychological thrillers, this list has it all.

18

With each new year comes new opportunities, goals, and most importantly, new movies. Now that we've gotten through that awful February to April slump that we all infamously know so well, it's time to get excited for those stormy summer afternoons spent watching new movies. From family favorites to steamy romance, this list has it all wrapped up for you.

1. "Toy Story 4" - June 21st

Just when we thought the best childhood series was coming to an end, they hit us with a new one. On June 21st, this family favorite is hitting the big screens.

2. "Child's Play" - June 21st

As if Annabelle didn't seal the deal, another haunted doll movie is coming to theaters. This movie is a similar retake on the classic "Chucky" films.

3. "Yesterday" - June 28th

This feel-good movie will definitely be a classic this summer. When the world loses electricity for one second, Jack Malick survives a freak bus accident only to find out that the Beatles never existed. After introducing the world to the legendary music of the Beatles, he rises to fame. But all cheap fame has its consequences.

4. "Midsommar" - July 3rd

When a couple travels to Sweden to visit an old friend, they accidentally get involved in a gruesome cult. You don't want to miss this one.

5. "21 Bridges" - July 12th

This is the go-to police thriller of the summer. With a huge conspiracy, a hot detective, and lots of action, this one will be sure to please all who watch.

6. "The Lion King" - July 19th

This needs no introduction. Just go see it, I know I have it in my calendar.

7. "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" - July 26th

Quentin Tarantino, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, and 1969 Hollywood. What else could you ask for?

8. "Luce" - August 2nd

A star student athlete is put under the heat when a teacher of his makes dangerous accusations against him. This psychological thriller will have you on the edge of your seat.

9. "Good Boys" - August 16th

This coming-of-age comedy will be sure to leave the whole family (18 and older advised... lots of sex) in tears.

10. "Brittany Runs a Marathon" - August 23rd

This feel-good movie features 27-year-old Brittany Forgler who, after coming to terms with the fact that her party lifestyle needs to come to an end, pushes herself to run the New York City Marathon. This roller coaster of emotions will be sure to satisfy audiences of all ages.