10 Movies To Keep An Eye Out For The Rest Of 2016

With summer movie's hits and misses of 2016, lets see how the rest of the year plays out

16
Warner Bros

10. The Founder

Release Date: December 16, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Probably not

Background: The true story of how Ray Kroc (Michael Keaton) maneuvered himself into a position to buy the 1950's burger operation of Mac and Dick McDonald and create a billion-dollar fast food empire.

What I'm Excited For: The inside scoop on how McDonald's began along with Michael Keaton leading the charge as the main actor

9. Inferno

Release Date: October 28, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Totally!

Background: Famous symbologist Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) follows a trail of clues tied to the great medieval poet Dante himself. When Langdon wakes up in an Italian hospital with amnesia, he teams up with Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones), a doctor he hopes will help him recover his memories. Together, they race across Europe and against the clock to foil a deadly global plot.

What I'm Excited For: The third movie of the series of conspiracies that'll feature Tom Hanks running wild to solve an age old mystery.

8. Birth Of A Nation

Release Date: October 7, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: 50/50

Background: Nat Turner is an enslaved Baptist preacher who lives on a Virginia plantation owned by Samuel Turner. With rumors of insurrection in the air, a cleric convinces Samuel that Nate should sermonize to other slaves, thereby quelling any notions of an uprising. As Nate witnesses the horrific treatment of his fellow man, he realizes that he can no longer just stand by and preach. On Aug. 21, 1831, Turner's quest for justice and freedom leads to a violent and historic rebellion in Southampton County

What I'm Excited For: Seeing if the infamous actor Nate Parker can make right in his new film for his wrongdoing outside the film industry

7. Collateral Beauty

Release Date: December 16, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Yes!

Background: When a successful New York advertising executive (Will Smith) experiences a deep personal tragedy and retreats from life entirely, his colleagues devise a drastic plan to force him to confront his grief in a surprising and profoundly human way

What I'm Excited For: Watching an all-star cast go to work in a movie about a lonely man that just wants to get the gift of life back again

6. La La Land

Release Date: December 9, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: You need to take your significant other to this!

Background: Sebastian (Ryan Gosling) and Mia (Emma Stone) are drawn together by their common desire to do what they love. But as success mounts they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair, and the dreams they worked so hard to maintain in each other threaten to rip them apart

What I am Excited For: Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling find each other through the beauty of magic. Do I need to say more?...

5. Doctor Strange

Release Date: November 4, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Most definitely!

Background: Dr. Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), a young, arrogant surgeon with a promising career, loses his ability to operate after a terrible accident. Despondent and suicidal, Dr. Strange seeks advice from a mystical being known as the Ancient One and learns that he is the newly designated Sorcerer Supreme, responsible for protecting the planet from evil. With his girlfriend Clea and his loyal assistant Wong in tow, Strange sets out to fulfill his destiny

What I'm Excited For: Bendict Cumberbatch taking on the first Marvel solo movie about his new superhero like world of magic, space, and time

4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Release Date: December 16, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: If they likes Star Wars, then it's a must see date night movie!

Background: In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves

What I'm Excited For: An insider look of unlikely heroes within the Star Wars universe.

3. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

Release Date: November 18, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Same as Rogue One, if they like Harry Potter then it's a must!

Background: The year is 1926, and Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds

What I'm Excited For: Seeing the world of Harry Potter before Harry Potter even existed

2. Fences

Release Date: December 16, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Yes, but be aware this movie may be an intense one

Background: A former professional baseball player (Denzel Washington) creates tension in his family when he denies his teenage son's dream of playing college football and comes home with the baby he had through an affair

What I'm Excited For: The absolute and dramatic tention this movie wil have. P.S-The main cast consists of Denzel Washington and Viola Davis so I'm guessing this movie is going to be one for the ages, just a guess

1. The Accountant

Release Date: October 14, 2016

Date Night Acceptable: Yes. No. Maybe. But definitely go see this movie!

Background: Christian Wolff (Ben Affleck) is a mathematics savant with more affinity for numbers than people. Using a small-town CPA office as a cover, he makes his living as a freelance accountant for dangerous criminal organizations. With a Treasury agent (J.K. Simmons) hot on his heels, Christian takes on a state-of-the-art robotics company as a legitimate client. As Wolff gets closer to the truth about a discrepancy that involves millions of dollars, the body count starts to rise

What I'm Excited For: The intriguing story of an absolute genius (Ben Affleck) who has an obsessive compulsive disorder. He might be hiding something, but you won't know what that is till you see the truth in what lies behind the accountant