9 Movies To Lookout For And Run To The Theaters To See In 2018

Keep your eye on these great films.
271

An average of 550 movies are released each year. They range from action and horror to romance and comedy and we love watching them. Nothing beats going to the movie theater eating that overly buttered popcorn and big coke and just enjoying the movie. Maybe you like to watch movies at home, getting cozy in your pajamas eating some microwave popcorn. Whichever venue you prefer, here are nine movies you should look out for in 2018.

1. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

The Jurassic series have had people's attention for years now. With each one getting better and better, so it's no shock we are excited about this next movie. This movie takes place four years after Jurassic World theme park was destroyed. Owen and Claire return to the island to save the dinosaurs from the soon erupting volcano.

Release Date: June 22nd

2. Solo: A Star Wars Story

The Star Wars series, another crowd favorite. This movie centers around Han Solo and his story. It shares his adventures with partner Chewbacca and their encounter with Lando Calrissian.

Release Date: May 25th

3. 12 Strong

This story picks up at the wake of 9/11. It follows Captain Mitch Nelson and his special forces team in Afghanistan. Their mission? Take down the Taliban and its al-Qaida allies.

Release Date: January 19th

4. Forever My Girl

Country music superstar Liam Page returns to his small hometown with not a big welcome. After leaving his high-school sweetheart at the altar eight years ago not even his dad is excited to see him. Liam soon learns he left a lot more than broken hearts and high school memories when he left his small Louisiana town.

Release Date: January 19th

5. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Sophie shares news that she is pregnant with Tanya and Rosie and though she is thrilled she fears being able to do it alone after her mother's death. The two share stories of Sophie's mother and how she made it on her own. Sophie begins to feel closer than she ever has to her mother as she goes through.

Release Date: July 20th

6. A Wrinkle In Time

Based on the novel, this movie follows Meg Murry as she travels to save her astrophysicist father as he is being held captive on a distant plant deep in the grip of the universe-spanning evil. Meg works with the help of her highly intelligent baby brother, her classmate, and three astral travelers to save him.

Release Date: March 9th

7. The Incredibles 2

The sequel we have been waiting for since 2004. The Incredibles are back with Elastigirl out fighting crime and Mr. Incredible home with the Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack. We finally learn Jack-Jack's superpowers as the Parr family along with Frozone battle a new villain with a sinister agenda.

Release Date: June 15th

8. Ocean's 8

Criminal runs in the Ocean family as Debbie Ocean and seven other female thieves try to pull off the heist of the century at the annual Met Gala. As an all-female spin-off of the previous Ocean's movies, it would only be logical to have a worthy target like a necklace worth over $150 million.

Release Date: June 8th

9. The Grinch

The Christmas classic is getting a makeover this year. The movie follows the story of the Grinch and how he plans to ruin Christmas for the residents of Whoville. Now remade from Illumination Entertainment, also the people who brought you Despicable Me and Sing.

Release Date: November 9th