A Motivational Letter to Myself

A Motivational Letter to Myself

You are going to make yourself so proud.

91050
Gallerily.com

Dear self,

First off, let me start by saying that it's okay to feel like you aren't doing as well as you are supposed to. So if you need to take a second to breathe, to cry, to put your head down, stare out a window or go for a walk. Do that, without distractions. Thank God for everything that you are fortuned with, take a look at all the beautiful things around you, and be stress free for just a moment.

Figure out what you can change, and what you cannot. Most importantly, accept what you cannot change. Become at peace with it, even if just for a brief moment. Say a prayer for your restless heart to be comforted knowing that God is with you in all things. Don't forget to thank Him again. Endless gratitude will take you far.

When you decide that you are ready to face the things that you can change, do it with 100% commitment. That doesn't mean 100% perfection. It's important to know the difference. Start by making a plan. Write it down in a planner, memorize it, put it on a Post-It on the mirror, do whatever makes it the easiest for you. Think through your plan logically, take into consideration your strengths and weaknesses. Remember to do the hard things first once in a while, the relief is sweet in the end. Make a checklist, use an App, tell your best friend about it so they can keep you accountable too. You are ready. You are young. You are smart. You are beautiful.

If you ever feel that you are at your lowest point, just remember the only place that you can go is up. Find reassurance in the weakness. The best is yet to come.

Don't take pity on yourself. Instead, work harder to make your situation better.

Be happy. There are so many things to be thankful for.

Ask when you need help. No one can read your mind.

Time won't stop for you. Worrying and stressing is simply a waste of time.

Nothing will change your situation more than changing your attitude. Perspective is everything. Be thankful for your struggles, because there is a lesson to be a learned in the end of it.

Be strong and know that you are in God's hands. Everything will work out. It may not be today or tomorrow, but eventually the pieces will fall into place and you will understand why the battle was worth it.

You can conquer anything you put your mind to. So breathe, take a minute, reevaluate, and grow.

Love,

Me