Motivation For Your Finals

Motivation For Your Finals

You're almost there. Here's the boost you've been looking for.

12
Motivation For Your Finals
WikiMedia

Here we are, folks; the home stretch! Finals week has finally approached and with that comes a boatload of stress and lack of sleep. Christmas break feels like it will never come, even though there are only a few days left. If you think of your final exams with a different perspective, though, you may just muster some motivation get through them.

1. Break Will Make You Broke

Sure, going home means escaping the food from the campus cafe and getting a nice, home cooked meal. But let's be honest, we are going to be going out with friends, shopping, going to the movies, etc. And all of this requires something many of us don't have....money. You may get lucky enough to earn some by working over break or get some cash for Christmas, but you will most likely blow it by the end of break. So take in these last few days of using your meal plan.

2. Going Back to Work

Most of us will have to go back to our minimum wage jobs over break, so take some time to enjoy the last few days of not going into work. Going back to work will also remind you that you are getting a degree for a reason. A degree in which requires a final exam each semester, but at least you'll eventually be making over $8/hr.

3. College Friends

Going home on break may seem great now, but before you know it, you will start to miss your college friends. You can't just walk down the hall when you need to rant and you will have to actually eat dinner with someone other than your roommate. At least right now all of your friends are in the same boat and you can cry about finals together over the pizza you ordered to your dorm.

4. Realizing You're Stronger Than You Thought

The entire week of finals you keep telling yourself there is absolutely no way that you can get everything you have to accomplished in this short amount of time. But miraculously, you always seem to accomplish it one way or another. Finals are just another reminder of how incredibly strong you are. You really don't give ourselves enough credit.

5. Fully Being Able to Relax

The idea that you can finally relax for a full three (or more) weeks should be motivation enough to get you through finals week. The semester will be over and you will be one step closer to graduating. There will be no over break assignments and you can actually take the time to relax without feeling guilty that you should be doing something else. Take a deep breath, take a lot of naps, and just get through it. I believe in you.