To All Moms Today And Every Day

To All Moms Today And Every Day

I know I don't say this enough, but thank you for all that you do.

7
To All Moms Today And Every Day
Chelsea Holdsworth

Life is busy, and there are somethings I just don't do as often as I should. One of these things include thanking my mother.

With Mother's Day so close, I wanted to take the time to do this. There are so many things that my mom does that I take advantage of or that I don't think about because she's my mom. But I want her to know how much she means to me. My mother is my rock and my best friend. From movie nights at home, to all the concerts we have been to, we have made memories I will never forget.

Let's start from the beginning. Mom, thank you for taking care of me. You always put my needs (and my siblings' needs) before your own, and made sure everyone was happy. Thank you for picking me up from school as a kid when I was sick or when I just needed/wanted to come home. Thank you for always attending things like plays, concerts, dances, and any other school event I had. I know sometimes you had to miss work to be there. Thank you for making every birthday special. You try hard every year, and I know sometimes it doesn't feel like you did a good job, but you always make it perfect.

Thank you for being my chauffeur for so long. I know it was frustrating because it took me so long to get my license and I had a job, so double thank you for that one. In fact, with that I want to thank you for helping me get my truck. You were the one that got the truck, helped me insure and register it, as well as get the parts it needed. I knew what you were sacrificing when you got me the truck and I will forever be grateful. Thank you for also dealing with my boyfriend's car errands as well. Thank you for teaching both of us how to do things like figuring out how many stamps to use, and how to do anything related to money.

Thank you for all the times you helped me financially. Thank you for teaching me how to write a check, or pay for insurance. Thank you for dealing with my stubbornness. I know sometimes I think I know better and don't listen the first time, but sometimes I have to learn the hard way. Thank you for being there when I do learn the hard way and thank you for not laughing too hard when I have to tell you, you were right.

Thank you for being protective. There were many times when teachers treated me poorly or some kids at school were mean. Thank you for being there when I needed someone to talk to or cry on. Thank you for teaching me how to be an adult and how to deal with the negative people that come in and out of my life. Thank you for being there when I needed to vent to someone or I when I needed to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but thank you for my braces. I know you never thought I would say it, so mark your calendar. Thank you for making sure I was healthy, whether it was my teeth, an occurrence of Lyme disease, weird reactions to bug bites, or just a cold. Thank you for making sure I had water/Gatorade when I was working over the summer. Lastly, thank you for helping me go to college, I would have never been able to if I didn't have you. Thank you for making it possible to go to China this summer. I never thought I would ever be able to, but you have given me the opportunity of a lifetime.

Mom, I don't know who I would be or what I would do without you in my life. I have been so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with you. You have watched me grow and you have helped shape me into the young woman I am today. I love our inside jokes and our traditions. You have such a big heart and you work so hard. You deserve the world, but all I have to offer you is me. I love you so much Mom!