7 Things To Make This Summer Your Most Productive Yet

1. Wake up early and be productive.

130
School of Knoxville

Whether you're too broke to invest in a vacation getaway, or you're trying to find some enjoyment between working, taking an online class, or are simply just trying to find better ways to make use of your time, here are a few ideas that are sure to provide you with a fun and productive summer!

1. Wake up early and be productive.

With no responsibilities, it is very easy to sleep in until noon every day. After all, who wouldn't want to take advantage of not having to wake up early for classes? However, waking up early and taking the time get out of your pajamas, make a good breakfast, and get your life together is guaranteed to make you feel much better come the end of the day. In fact, sleeping in late makes you even more tired throughout the day! So why not make good use of your time and be productive. You are only given three months to do what you want to do until life is again consumed by school and assignments.

2. Find the perfect book and read.

While this may sound contracting, and you may be thinking, "I JUST finished reading my 700-page Com book, why would I ever want to touch another book again?", finding a great book for the summer and reading gives you the perfect opportunity to unwind. Try to take advantage of your public library and find something that you think you will enjoy while hanging back and relaxing.

3. Take a beach trip.

If you're from the area, you know how close the Jersey beaches are. Why not gather a group of friends, hop in the car and spend a day at the beach! Lounging by a pool is nice and all, but sometimes the ocean and change of scenery are just what you need.

4. Purge your closet.

In need of some money but absolutely refuse to devote your summer to working? Declutter your closet and sell all the clothes you have been hoarding all school year. Once you finally sell the shirt you haven't worn since you bought it, you can use that money to buy clothes that you really will wear. It's a win-win situation. If all else fails, this is always a beneficial thing to do.

5. Go visit your grandparents.

During the school year, it is easy to get wrapped up in everything around us, that we forget to take into consideration loved ones, especially our grandparents! If you have the time, take the trip to grandmas house. I'm sure you will feel good, and I KNOW a surprise visit would just make any grandparents' day.

6. Get a gym membership.

Often during the year, we become so busy that we don't have the least bit of time to devote to doing the things we want to do. Our lives are consumed by assignments, work, and more work. By the end of the day, all you want to do is crash and burn. This summer, get a gym membership. If you do, staying fit and taking time out of your day to work out is bound to keep you physically and mentally healthy.

7. Go on a hike.

If you're bored lounging around, grab your running shoes and workout clothes, and go on a hike! Nothing is more refreshing than making use of the beautiful trails and immersing yourself in the culture of your hometown. If you decide to do this though, go during the early morning or afternoon to avoid sweating in the blistering sun.