The Top Dog Names Of 2019, According To Rover

The Most Popular Pup Names Of 2019 ARE IN, And It’s Clear That Lizzo Is Trending Among Pawrents

Who wouldn't want their pup feeling good as hell?

1078

Every December, Rover (the dog-walking and pet-sitting service you've probably used or worked for at some point in your life) releases a report with the most popular dog names for that year.

The 2019 report is finally here, and it's clear that pawrents love to name their pups based on whatever is currently trending in the pop culture world.

So how does Rover know what pup names reign supreme each year? The company takes a look at their app's database of over one million pets to uncover the most popular pup names of the year. This year Rover also surveyed 1,500 adult pet owners to get even more data.

Back to the results...

Pet parents didn't fail to notice the way Lizzo rose to the spotlight in 2019 with 100 percent more dogs being named "Lizzo" compared to previous years.

See also:Lizzo, I'm Sorry But Your Courtside Outfit Was Not Cute Or Empowering, It Was Embarrassing

Taylor Swift also made a comeback by impressing pawrents enough to have 400 percent more dogs named after her in 2019 than in previous years. Her reputation is clearly back on track.

People's obsession with "Frozen" didn't die down either this year, as many dog owners chose to name their four-legged friends Elsa, Anna, Hans, or Olaf (the cutest!).

Other pop culture icons that inspired dog names in 2019 were Mrs. Masel from "The Marvelous Ms. Masel" saga, musician Freddie Mercury, and (unsurprisingly) Beyoncé. "Arya Stark" was also a trendy dog name this year, despite the fact that the final season of GOT was a TOTAL flop.

It seems like naming your dog after your favorite food is still in style, as Rover's report showed that pups with names like Cake, Croissant, and Cupcake are only on the rise. The more disturbing trend is that pawrents have started to name their dogs "Keto" this year, a sure way to make people you meet on the street think you're crazy.

See also: That New Fad Diet You're About To Start In 2020 Won't Make You Healthier, Time To Rethink Your Resolution

As weed legalization and decriminalization grow in the U.S., so do marijuana-inspired dog names. According to the report, dog names such as Budder, Dank, Doobie, Blaze, and Kush were popping up everywhere in 2019.

But when it came to the top 10 most popular dog names of 2019, it seems like age-old pupper names still reigned supreme. Bella, Luna, Lucy, and Daisy took the top four spots for most popular female dog names this year, whereas male dogs were most likely to be named Max, Charlie, Cooper, or Buddy.

Seriously guys? It's time to get a little more creative when naming your furry child.

Click through the full Rover report for other popular dog names of 2019 and to see if your pup's name made the cut!