25 Christmas Gifts To Get The Dog Who Was The Goodest Boy This Year

You're not a regular dog mom, you're a cool dog mom.

57410
Photo by Indi Palmer on Unsplash

Dogs are actually angels. They offer unconditional love, emotional support, and constant cuddles that help stave off social isolation. My dog was a beacon of light in a year that was unpredictable and stressful. If you're doing last-minute shopping for holiday gifts, don't forget about your pup! Because who deserves a present more than the one who was there by your side this whole year?

1. A FriendshipCollar to show the world your special bond!

Friendship Collar is a fun, unique company that offers collars, leashes, and more for your dog that come with a matching bracelet for you! They also offer products for cats and horses. In 2020, Friendship Collar expanded their offerings to include harnesses, as well. There's tons of adorable designs so both you and your pet will be super stylish.

2. A personalized kibble that is custom-made for their nutritional needs.

Tailored Pet is so easy to use and your pet will love their new, tasty food. Similar to brands like Formula of Beauty, you fill out a form about your pet - age, weight, activity level, nutritional needs, allergies, etc. Tailored Pet will create a custom formula for their pet with fresh ingredients like salmon, lentils, bison, and sweet potatoes. You can select a subscription plan or make a one-time purchase and the kibble is delivered right to your front door.

3. A subscription box full of thoughtfully-designed toys and treats!

If you haven't tried BarkBox yet, it's definitely time! BarkBox is a monthly adventure with a new theme every month, containing treats and unique toys. They also offer a Super Chewer version, for dogs who waste no time tearing into toys.

4. A ball launcher for endless hours of play...without the slobber.

The Chuckit! Sport Launcher Dog Ball Thrower is a must for any dog who likes to play fetch. It allows you to throw the ball to much further distances and scoop up the ball without touching it.

5. An eco-friendly Frisbee that won't snap in half.

For dogs that love a round of Frisbee, look no further than West Paw's Zogoflex disc. For starters, the frisbee is incredibly durable. It can fly through the air, bounce, roll and even be chewed. At the same time, it's also soft enough to go easy on dog's mouth and keep their teeth safe and healthy. It comes in various sizes and colors - even one that glows in the dark.

6. A water fountain that keeps your dogs water fresh and flowing.

chewy.com

If you're looking for something practical, check out this water fountain that comes with a replaceable carbon filter. Designed to keep clean, filtered water circulating for your pup to enjoy, this quiet fountain is a great way to make sure your pet has plenty of fresh water to drink all day long.

7. A lick mat to make bath time more enjoyable for your dog.

Not all dogs find bath time relaxing, in fact, for some it's very stressful. Help relieve some of your pup's anxiety and train them to think of a bath as a positive experience with this lick mat. Similar to a Kong, just spread peanut butter, low-fat cream cheese, or another high-value snack into the grooves of the mat, then stick to the wall. It's designed so that dogs can't eat their treat quickly, giving you more time to deliver a thorough washing.

8. A puzzle toy to relieve boredom and stimulate brain activity.

Interactive puzzles or dog toys are meant to stimulate and challenge your dog incorporating problem-solving skills into his daily routine. Food puzzles, like these from Outward Hound, are great for city dogs because they provide mental enrichment, curb boredom and are just plain fun.

9. A balm to soothe chapped paws and noses.

Instagram: @parkerandcodogs

Especially in these colder months, your pet's paws and nose needs some TLC. Get them a salve to keep them moisturized. Made with all natural ingredients, it is safe even if your pet tends to lick the troubled area.

10. A car seat to keep your pet secure and safe on the road.

Tired of dog hair and muddy pawprints on your fabric car seats? Or does your pet constantly try to climb up onto your lap or moves all around the car while you're focusing on the road? Then check out this awesome car seat from Outward Hound. It's easy to install and use and has a clip that you can attach to your pet's harness or collar for security. My pug learned quickly to jump into his car seat and comfortably snuggles up in it, even for a car ride over 3 hours long.

11. A harness that will win over your little escape artist.

If your dog is a Houdini who can slip out of their harness or collar, you definitely need to buy the Escape-Free Harness from Gooby Pet. This harness contracts when dogs try to back out, preventing them from completing their mission. It's literally a lifesaver.

12. A pair of rainboots to keep your precious pup's paws dry.

For dogs that will tolerate footwear, these twists on the classic Wellington boots are as functional as they are fun-looking. They're really easy to put on, supportive, and comfortable for the dog.

13. An adorable backpack for all your "walk in the park" essentials.

Charlie's Backyard backpacks are so cute, but many end up using them to carry poop bags or keys on walks and trips to the dog park. It's designed to be worn like a harness, and there's a place on the back to clip a leash.

14. A striking,  handmade ethical collar that will have all their pals envious!

These collars and leashes from Nice Beast are so vibrant. They are created by women in small communities of Chiapas, Mexico, and each piece takes between two and three days to make from braiding to assembly.

15. A Yeti dog bowl for all you outdoor lovers.

@hunter.theaussie

From the brand known for its coolers comes this sturdy dog bowl. It has a non-slip ring on the bottom to prevent your pooch from nudging the dish all over the floor.

16. Effectively clean muddy, snowy, or sandy paws with this helpful tool.

For the pup who loves mud puddles, buy the Dexas MudBuster. The silicone bristles inside this tumbler remove dirt and debris on your pet's paws. Simply add warm water to the cup, insert the muddy paw, twist the tumbler, remove the paw and dry.

17. A scented chew toy to keep your dog interested.

Zero calories! These toys come in beef, chicken, or peanut butter scents, which is released when your dog gnaws on its chewy outer layer and hard inner core. The smell lasts up to six months.

18. Matching sweaters or PJs for your dog and you!

If your family wears matching jammies around the holidays, why not include your pooch? Dog Threads offers cute clothes for those with two legs, and those with four. Plus, a percentage of every purchase goes towards helping dogs find their forever home.

19. A getaway for you and your dog!

Give the gift of relaxation in a remote, dog-friendly location with Getaway—a new company that sends you to cozy cabins a couple of hours from your hometown that are nestled in nature (with your dog, of course) for a couple of ultra-relaxing days. Your pup will love the rural surroundings, and you'll finally be able to unplug.

20. A unique, minimalistic gift set from Wild One

Wild One's holiday gift sets are wonderful goodie packages! They have something for every kind of pet parent.

21. For the fancy pup - a gourmet box of dog-friendly macarons.

Unlike human macarons, these handmade, French-inspired dog treats are actually healthy. They come in traditional macaron flavors, like vanilla, rose, mint, and lavender, but they're made with all-natural, dog-friendly ingredients like yogurt and honey.

22. A bandana for your pup, and a matching face mask for you!

Since face masks are a current staple while out in public, check out Furtees and pick up a cute mask for you and matching bandana for your dog.

23. A "snood" to keep their ears warm and make you smile!

This is fashion and function, the ultimate in a painfully cute gift that they'll actually use. Zoo Snoods makes snoods and sweaters for dogs that keep them warm in the winter and are ridiculously cute.

24. This cozy rug that doubles as a bed for your pooch and a beautiful centerpiece for you. 

This faux-fur dog bed from Paw is also a plush cream rug, keeping both your toes and your pup toasty in the winter.

25. A life jacket for your water-loving doggie.

If you and your dog love spending the warmer months by the water, invest in a good quality life vest. It's great for boating and keeps your pet safe.