9 Ways To Kick-Start Your Mornings, As Told By Disney Princesses

Sometimes, you just need to jump right out of bed as soon as you hear the alarm go off.

72
Disney Reviews

If you're anything like me, getting out of bed keeps getting harder every day. I love sleep. As soon as my alarm goes off, my bed turns into this fluffy cloud that keeps sinking me deeper and it tells me, "Don't leave yet". This eventually turns into me staying in bed for another half hour or going back to bed after eating breakfast. While it seems innocent and like it isn't hurting me, it actually is a negative situation for me.

Staying in bed instead of jump-starting my day only sets the tone for the whole day. I become lazy and end up having a late start to my day which ends up in me feeling bad about myself. The following actually helps me breakout of the "stay in bed all day" mood and make me feel productive:

1. Get up as soon as the alarm goes off

Don't hit the snooze button 4 times before you actually get up. Start your morning off by jumping right out of bed as soon as you hear the alarm.

2. Make your bed when you get up

This way, you'll feel bad if you mess up your freshly made bed and now have no choice but to start your day!

3. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that today is YOUR day

A confidence boost will never hurt anyone. If you look at yourself and say "you're amazing, you're gorgeous, and you will conquer everything today" then not only will your mood improve, but it's a great start to your day.

4. Make a mental (or physical) list of all you have to do today

You'll have no excuse to not do all your errands because you organized everything on your list. All you have to do is make the effort to be able to check them all off by the time the day ends.

5. Shower right after getting out of bed

What better way to start your day than a shower? The water hitting your face is the perfect way to wake you up. Need an extra kick to wake you up while showering? Turn the knob on the cold side and you'll be wide awake!

6. Work out then shower after getting out of bed

Your endorphins will be flowing through your body which gives you a rush of positivity. According to a body building website, working out early makes you alert the whole day because your body was already aroused. This benefits you whether you go to school or work after because of the energy you get!

7. Clean your room/where you live

Put on some music and enjoy cleaning the house. By doing this, you'll already be starting your day off productively (and your house will be clean so that knocks some stress off).

8. Pick your outfit out for the day

While staying in PJs is ideal, changing into an outfit to go out in motivates you more to go run all your errands than stay in bed. It'll surely get you out the door.

9. Make yourself/everyone breakfast

What better way to start the day than with food? Making your own breakfast or enough for the family gets your productive mood going because of the work you put in.

Staying warm and cozy in bed is my favorite but sometimes you really need to start your day or else you'll let it fly by you. It's not easy but once you're on your feet, it's worth it.