7 Morning Habits To Help The Not-So-Early Bird Person

Trust me, we've all been there

119

If you know me, you know I am the living definition of a non-morning person. I've tried to become a morning person and it just isn't going to happen. If you're like me, these easy habits can help make a small difference and hopefully make your morning a bit more bearable.

1. Ditch the snooze button 

We all rely on the snooze button way too much, or at least I do. Choose a time to wake up and stick to it, you'll feel better after.

2. Stretch!! 

Stretching or doing yoga can not only be peaceful and refreshing, but also has several health benefits including flexibility, stress relief, and improved circulation.

3. Drink water 

Drinking a cold glass of water can help wake you up and alert you in the morning, or drinking hot water with lemon is a natural detox. 60% of your body is made up of water and by the time you've been asleep, your body is begging to be refreshed.

4. Eat a healthy breakfast

I know I'm guilty of often skipping breakfast due to lack of time or just simply not being hungry. However, eating breakfast can be a major health booster as well as a metabolism booster. There are tons of health benefits to it!

5. Listen to music 

Who doesn't love a good dance party?

6. Take a break from your phone 

The first thing we do when we wake up checks our phones. Try to enjoy the first few minutes of your morning without staring at a screen.

7. Read

Whether it's a simple positive or inspiring quote, or a chapter from your favorite book, reading can jump start your thinking and processing for the day!