There Is More To Self Care Than A Simple Bubble Bath

Bubble baths are a great way to relax, but staying sane and healthy isn't as such a quick fix.

78
Movie Remixer / YouTube

Self-care is such an important necessity if one is to live a healthy and happy life, but I feel that most of us primarily view self-care as simply taking a bubble bath, 'binge-ing out' on your favorite foods/shows and shopping online.

A bubble bath for sure is a nice way to relax. However, sometimes self-care isn't just about relaxing or doing things that give you instant gratification. Instant gratification, after-all, is a fleeting emotion.

Self-care, or at least the way I view self-care, is forcing yourself to do the things that will benefit you not only in this moment but also in the near or far future.

Still, it is also ensuring that you live in the moment from time to time, enjoy yourself and don't over-stress. Too much of anything is a bad thing...whether it's work or relaxation.

Maintaining balance is essential to self-care.

Practicing self-care means ensuring that you are attuned to what your body, mind and soul are in need of and consequently taking the appropriate actions that benefit your well-being.