5 Ways To Be More Positive

5 Ways To Be More Positive

Healthy mind, healthy life.
263

I think there are many times where life can get tough and sometimes it can be easy to be negative. This negative mindset and attitude can start to creep into every aspect of life and affect your relationships and commitments. But, it can also take a toll on your mental, physical, and emotional health and well-being. So, here are a few tips to make sure that you put these things first and lead a more positive lifestyle.

1. Make time for yourself

As silly as it sounds, making time to do the things you want to do isn’t selfish, but rather it’s necessary. You spend most of your days trying to get work done for other people. So, try to give yourself a little TLC when you’ve earned it. There’s nothing wrong with treating yourself to a reward after working hard. It makes all the drive, ambition, and success worth it if you know it’s going to bring you self-content and happiness. By being a happier version of yourself, you’ll slowly start to realize how that positivity spreads throughout your day in what you’re doing and the people around you.

2. Give more compliments

Spreading positive energy into the world is just as important as feeling positive yourself. Other people go through ups and downs too, so giving compliments or simply checking in on how a person is doing can sometimes make all the difference. I’ve definitely had friends ask me how I’ve been doing or have said something nice to me and have truly brightened my day.

On the flip side, I get satisfaction from being kind to others because it makes me feel like I’m doing something good; it may not be changing the world, but it could be changing someone else’s world. Spreading positivity around you has the reverse effect and power to make you also feel happier.

3. Rather than focusing on the bad, try to turn them into positive actions

This one may be the most difficult thing, for me personally. I think when you’re young, especially, it is so easy to get caught up in emotions and frustration in that moment and not have the ability to get it out of your system. Sometimes things don’t go as planned and can ruin your day. But, I think it has to be a choice about how you chose to deal with negativity or obstacles. Rather than dwelling on the fact that you didn’t do as well on your last exam, take that opportunity to talk to your professor and ask on what it is that you aren’t doing but those that got the higher grades are doing.

There’s always more to learn.

While letting go of anger can be hard, spending all that energy being proactive rather than upset will give you so many more benefits. You’ll realize that eventually things become ok again and life moves on. Do you want to move through life angry or say that you learned, you changed, and you grew in a positive way?

4. Vent

This is a tactic I’d recommend to anyone and everyone. It is the most cathartic way to unpack a stressful situation. Finding a person to vent to, whether that’s a friend or family member, can help put things into perspective. Letting go of the anger is the hardest part, but conquering that can allow you to see that sometimes things aren’t as bad as they seem. Shifting the paradigm can sometimes open your eyes to something totally different. Let go of the negative, decide what to do, then move forward and carry out what you need to do to be happy.

5. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you

It can be so draining when people around you are constantly bringing you down. Whether or not you are a naturally bubbly person, those around you can sometimes shift the way you think and act. You are who you surround yourself with. So, if you don’t like who that is, it might be time to change your circle. Put yourself in a group who you know will accept the negative and help you turn it into positives. Feeding off of other people’s positive and optimistic energy will encourage and support your ability to do the same.

Ultimately, there are many ways to be a more positive person and live a more zealous lifestyle. But, the most important start is with you. So, follow these tips and take positivity into your own hands!