13 Songs To Listen To When You Need A Mood Booster
Music

"Don't Take The Money" really made me fall in love with the band and the whole vibe that they project. It's a great song to listen to on a long drive or when you want to sing your heart out.

34

Everyone has those days (or weeks) where they're feeling down in the dumps and for me, one of the ways I can get out of that rut is by listening to some songs that make me want to dance or sing along. Here are 15 songs to listen to when you've caught a case of the blues.

1. "Don't Take The Money" by The Bleachers

The Bleachers are such an underrated band and they have made some serious bangers, especially this one. "Don't Take The Money" really made me fall in love with the band and the whole vibe that they project. It's a great song to listen to on a long drive or when you want to sing your heart out. The music video is also super quirky.

2. "Time Warp" by Little Nell, Patricia Quinn and Richard O'Brien

This is such a weird song that I had to include it on this list. It adds a little strange to your life that everyone needs, in my opinion.

3. "3 Nights" by Dominic Fike

The best way I can describe this song is that it's groovy. It's got a simple beat that's great to listen to when you want to chill out and listen to good music.

4. "Vote" by Miguel

Bless "Crazy Rich Asians" for this song. It's such an upbeat song that it's nearly impossible to listen to it with a frown.

5. "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift

You don't have to like Taylor Swift to like this song. It may be the epitome of pop, but it's still a great song to get moving to.

6. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

This is one of my best friends' favorite song and a class 2000s jam. Not only is it a song that basically everyone knows, but it's also a song that so many people can get really hype to. It's always fun shouting the lyrics at the top of your lungs and getting your blood pumping.

7. "Hey Ya!" by OutKast

"Hey Ya!" is an absolute classic and a must have at any social event. There's not much to be said about the song because it speaks for itself.

8. "This One's for the Girls" by Martina McBride

This song is basically a girl anthem but that shouldn't discourage the male population from listening to it too. It's such a good song that comes straight from my childhood. My first memory of listening to this song was at my cousin's wedding and I swear it's been played at every single wedding I've been to since.

9. "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows

This song will always have a positive connotation because it will forever be associated with "Shrek 2." I actually re-discovered it recently and forgot how fun it is to listen to.

10. "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" by Katy Perry

Listening to this song truly makes it feel like a Friday night and Fridays, for the most part, are always fun.

11. "Ni Tu Ni Yo" by Gente De Zona and Jennifer Lopez

It was nearly impossible for me to not include a Latin song on this list. J-Lo's amazing voice and the high energy in this song is sure to make you want to get up and dance along. For me, it's an instant pick-me-up.

12. "Body" by Brando and Loud Luxury

This is one of my favorite songs to dance to at parties. Whenever I go out and this song comes on, one of my best friends and I go absolutely crazy and we scream the lyrics. It's so light and upbeat that it always puts me in a good mood when I listen to it.

13. "Magic" by B.o.B and Rivers Cuomo

This was also another song that I re-discovered. I was absolutely obsessed with this song when it came out and now I am once again obsessed with it. There's so much energy in the song that it's hard not to want to move around while it plays.