Mom,Where Would I be Without You?

Mom,Where Would I be Without You?

You're the most influential person in my life, Mom.

89
Mom,Where Would I be Without You?
Victoria Barone

Hi Mama,

Remember when I was that bitter little girl in middle school who felt my reputation would be ruined if we were seen together shopping? Looking back at those times makes me cringe and how I wish I could slap some sense into that 12- year old. I am so sorry for those years that I kept you at arms length rather than embracing you. You never deserved the cold shoulder and I’ll admit my priorities were not in perspective. I was a selfish brat, to say the least but luckily your love could see through this phase because:

You’re the most influential person in my life, Mom.

Your patience is humbling. You work a full-time job, you have three kids, you cook dinner, you clean the house, and yet you always have a smile on your face while doing it. I drag you around the mall multiple times but you never complain and rather help me on my mission to find the perfect item. Even if you’ve had a bad day at work you never carry it to home with you and rather it just makes you embrace your time with us more. Just like you always say, “it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.” Something that can be so easily forgotten but is so important to remember.

It is through you I find strength. When life isn’t working in my favor or things just suddenly feel like too much, I know I can run to you. You are always able to put things into perspective for me and make the burdens I’m experiencing feel more minuscule. Just the sound of your voice can prevent me from having a full mental breakdown.

Your love is inspiring. You spread your love equally among all three of your children. You always make sure each one of us properly receives your love and attention and you never play favorites. Also watching your love with Dad has set the bar high as to what I expect for my marriage. Even though I am miles away at school I can feel your love and sincerity through your texts whether it’s to say goodnight, wish me luck on a test, or just to see how I am doing.

You’re my biggest fan. Even when I feel like I’m failing miserably in school you always help to remind me that, in the scheme of things it was just one test or it is just one class. Whether I’m bringing home C’s or A’s you are always proud because you know I was trying my best. You are also at every one of my special events and greeting me after with a giant hug that justifies how proud you are.

You’re my best friend. I vent to you over text and through the phone just like I would one of my girlfriends. You know every little detail about my life and I can’t thank you enough for creating a relationship, where I can feel comfortable enough to do that. All the lifetime movies we’ve watched, the countless times we have gone shopping together and the amazing (yet slightly embarrassing) selfies we take on each adventure, are all things I hold so close to my heart. You understand me more than anyone else and know just how to pick me back up when I’m struggling. Just like you’ve always said, “remember it’s me and you”, these words that bring so much comfort to me to know you are always on my side. Each day I know how lucky I am to have a person as special as you in my life. I don’t know where I would be without you, mom.

“I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living my mommy you’ll be”

xoxo,

Your baby