"Mom" A Title Above The Word, "Queen"

"Mom" A Title Above The Word, "Queen"

They're not bad people for wanting to give up, it’s just that they’ve lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel and she wants to guide them back to that light

492
"Mom" A Title Above The Word, "Queen"
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/01/6364515683623060861962998012_ThinkstockPhotos-544112188.jpg

“Mom”... A title above the word “Queen”

My mom is one of the biggest role models in my life. Most moms carry their child for 9 months, my mom and dad flew 18 hours across the world to rescue me. Saving me from living a life in an orphanage, I was adopted at 6 months old from Nanjing China. My parents brought me back to America to give me a chance at a new life and a family to call my own... And that’s just the beginning of this story.

My parents journey to China didn’t stop there, (because I was so wonderful, just kidding!), 2 years later they went back and adopted my little sister! My mom’s adoption experience has led her to help others by starting her own group on international adoption. Using her personal experience and knowledge, she created "The China Support Group." This information group is designed to help anyone who may be interested in adopting internationally. She holds monthly meetings and provides basic information on the adoption process. Every year she hosts 2 large parties to bring together all of the families she has helped and to invite anyone else who may be interested in adopting. Aside from her meetings and parties, she also gives advice. Parenting advice, adoption advice, life advice, anything anyone would ever need. Her phone is always open to anyone who needs someone.

Adopting a child from China can take years of waiting, and there are times where people feel frustrated and discouraged and want to give up. My mom says that when this happens, she tries to remind people of why they’re adopting in the first place. She expresses that they’re not bad for wanting to give up, it’s just that they’ve lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel and she wants to guide them back to that light. She explained that while the wait is long and strenuous, it’s worth it. Not only will it bring together a family, but it will also save a child from growing up in an orphanage alone, and that in itself is worth the long wait.

My mom has helped bring together multiple families and has saved hundreds of children. Around Christmas, our mailbox never fails to remind me of all the work she has dedicated to helping others. Every year we receive an over abundance of Christmas cards from families she has helped from all over the world. Families of all different kinds, each with their own unique story, each connected to my mom.

Aside from her work with "The China Support Group," she’s also supermom. Doing as any loving mother would, she goes above and beyond to make sure my sister and I have a bright future ahead of us. Making sure we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, a strong education, and so much more. And for that, I’ll be eternally grateful...

My mom is truly the definition of the word ‘role-model’ and there is no one more deserving of it in my eyes.

Thank you for all that you have done, continue to do, and will do in the future, I love you. Thank you for being one of my biggest role models in life. I’m proud to call you my mom… even if you still tell me, “No sweets before dinner!” at the age of 23...