This Is For You, Mom

This Is For You, Mom

What I never get to say to you enough.

58
This Is For You, Mom
Thought Catalog

Mom,

You are my rock, my person to lean on in tough times and you are the one that knows me best.

I don’t really know if I say this to you enough so I figured that I would write this instead. Through all of the changes in my life recently, I have found that coming and talking to you has been the best possible way to relieve me of my worry and stresses. I am able to talk to you about anything and I know I will not be judged. In return? I received wonderful advice and the feeling of comfort. To be honest I don't know how you do it.

Growing up I have aspired to be like you in so many ways. From trying on your clothes, putting makeup on for the first time, to watching you be the amazing person that you are. I always looked up to you and the views you had on life. I know that life has not been easy. It has brought enormous challenges and to watch you go through those were very hard. However, the one thing that I noticed throughout all of this was your ability to keep your head up and stand strong through it all. That is something I admire very much.

As I move throughout my life, I have this urge to aspire to be my own person, through the values and morals that I have learned from having you as my mother. Watching you be not only an amazing mother but also friend, daughter, sister, employee, teacher and even cook has made me want to be a better at all of those things in my own life.

Mom, the truth is, I love you more than you will ever know. I became the woman I am today, all because I was able to look up to you. Your grace and love shine through in everything you do. I only hope that one day when I have a family of my own that I can be half as good as you. Thank you for being there for me through tough times, being my biggest supporter, being my best friend and ultimately being my biggest role model. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I always will.

Here’s to you.

Love,

Your Daughter