10 Reasons Your a Mom Friend

In college, a friend group is like a family which means someone is always the designated mom. If you think you might be the mom friend than you most definitely are. If you need any more convincing, here are ten reasons that will absolutely confirm your mom jeans are more than a fashion statement.

You've definitely cooked dinner for everyone.

Just like a regular mom, you like to make sure your friend-children are nice and fed. You enjoy family meals and love seeing everyone happy and eating together just like a mom would in any other family. Remember, Happy Friends Happy Ends.

You plan Every. Single. Birthday.

As a mom friend, you are morally obligated to cherish every one of your friends' birthdays. You shamwow all the stress of birthday celebrations to make sure that everyone's special day goes according to plan. (and nothing beats a mom's satisfaction of a job well done)

You run the group on a tight schedule.

https://unsplash.com/photos/FoKO4DpXamQ

Let's face it, a social life takes a lot of planning. And who better to organize group time than the group mom? You check in with everyone to know when they're free and you're always working on the next weekend's activities.

You are the first on hand to help friends avoid party fouls.

How are a crazy toddler and a drunk 20-year-old alike? They each have a mom to make sure they don't hurt themselves or others. Group moms got their start in the game of avoiding party fouls. How many times have you been the one running to get a trash can, holding hair back in the bathroom, or forcing water on someone. We know its our job to keep the party going in a fun and safe manner.

Your car is the equivalent of a family mini van.

When the group goes out you feel like your'e taking your kids home from soccer with the amount of people in your car. You inevitably find old snack wrappers like gogurts in the back seat of your car after a night out. People always leave stuff in your car knowing that just like a mom you know your car is the equivalent of a junk drawer.

You always ask for a text when your friends get home safe.

You keep track of your kiddos. You like to keep tabs on people not in a weird way, but in a sweet comforting way. Like how a mom calls their daughter twenty times a day. After hanging out you always remind everyone to get home safe and to shoot you a text when they get there. Peace of mind soothes a mother's soul.

You're as good of a group mom as you are a group nurse.

We all know that a mom doubles as a nurse and a group mom is no exception. We have everything covered from Bandaids to Nyquil. It's also usually within arms reach. We go into protective mother/nurse mode when are friends are hurt or sick. We live to care for people so we won't stop till you're better.

You embarrass your friends, just like a mom would.

Your dance moves are dorky, you say goofy things, you prefer wine over beer, you sing to stupid songs, and you do just about anything else a mom would do that would embarass their kids. But regardless your friends still bring you around and enjoy your company even if they make fun of your momness along the way.

You find comfort in the endless mothering.

Even if it can be a big responsibility sometimes and even if you don't always want to do it, it wouldn't be the same if you weren't group mom. Having friends to take care of makes you feel needed and important which can be hard to find in a group of friends sometimes. Group mom has become your purpose in life.

And you love every minute of it.

You are blessed to have so many great 20-something children. You wouldn't change it for the world.