To The Guy I'm Lucky To Call Mine

To The Guy I'm Lucky To Call Mine

A modern day love letter.

6161
To The Guy I'm Lucky To Call Mine

My love,

I'm writing this letter to let you know how special you are to me, and to say thank you. Before I met you I was content being single and spending nights laying in bed watching Netflix. I would go on adventures by myself and watch couples hold hands while I smiled in the background. Before I met you I was sure I was going to be single for a long time. I was positive. I didn't realize how alone I was before I met you.

My love, you have made me so incredibly happy in our short time together. Happier than I could have imagined. We haven't known each other for very long but I feel like I have known you forever. I'm pretty sure we're crazy for feeling like we do, but when you know, you know. Being with you is a blessing. I knew from the second I met you that you were different. You're like a best friend, but so much more. We can tell each other anything and not pass judgment. I can send you silly snap chats and not wear any makeup around you -- which is a huge deal, ask any girl. You're OK with me having guy friends and staying home. You kiss me on the forehead, which I love, and you bring me soup when I'm sick. I promise you those things make me weak at the knees. You're stupid and silly and I love when you laugh, because it makes me laugh. Family is important to you, and your sister is your best friend. I may not know everything about you but I know that you love me and would never hurt me. Maybe if I said I hated "Mad Men," which I don't. I promise!

I love that we text each other throughout the day but can spend time apart. I do miss you like crazy but I'll admit I love watching "Man vs. Food" in the comfort of my own bed without you, and that's OK. I'll always let you have your space. If you want a boys' night, have it -- just as long as I can watch chick flicks and be alone. I watch people around campus with their boyfriends/girlfriends and see how my friends are with relationships, and I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. I want to tell you everything and do so many things with you. I don't care if we go eat at nice restaurants or get dressed up. I would love just to watch a movie and eat pizza with you in our pajamas. I don't need to try to be something I'm not, and neither do you. I think you're perfect. You may not see how wonderful you are, but I do and I will always make sure you know it.

My love, I'm writing this letter to thank you. Thank you for loving me and thank you for accepting every part of me. Our journey has just begun but I know it will be a long one. I can't promise you that I won't get annoyed at you or get mad. I can't promise you that I won't find other guys attractive. I can't promise you that I'll always be a perfect girlfriend. I can promise you that I'll try, just as long as you do. We will have fights and disagreements, but we can get past them. I can promise you that I'll always tell you the truth and try to like podcasts, just as long as I can talk about "Scandal" and not have you roll your eyes at me. I'll always be there for you when you need me. We can do this.

I love you.