11 Mobile Apps Every College Student ACTUALLY Needs

Growing up in the days of knowing nothing but technology, us millenials know the ins and outs of our cell phones.

Everyone knows the basic apps that everyone has such as Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on, but others might not know the apps that are very beneficial to us as college students.

Here are 11 apps that will get you through your college years!

1. Venmo

If not the most important app to have as a college student. You can easily pay anyone for those food runs of for movie tickets and even bills. What makes it even better? It's free!

2. Uber

Now not all colleges might be in areas where you can get an Uber (Shippensburg sadly does not have any drivers), BUT for those that live in cities or other highly populated areas, Uber is a must! If you don't have a car, take Uber because it is so much cheaper than taking a traditional taxi!

3. Square Cash

Square Cash is the same concept as Venmo, however, it is more popular of the two depending on what area you live in. It has all of the same functions as Venmo and a very user-friendly program.

4. Quizlet

Who doesn't love Quizlet? You can create your own virtual study tools and find other sets that students have created as well.

5. iTunes U

Not everyone will end up needing this app but is extremely helpful for those that do. Professors will use it to upload all kinds of resources that will help you throughout the duration of your course. I had a professor record and upload his lectures which were a HUGE help!

6. Amazon

I would be lying if I said Amazon wasn't an obsession of mine. With that being said, who can resist free 2-day shipping with Prime (all students get their first 6 months free)!

7. Headspace

Headspace is perfect for those days when you are extra stressed from all of the assignments that you have or when finals week has come. Headspace gives you guided meditation that makes you feel new again!

8. Your personal bank

Having the app that goes with your own personal bank account is a must because, in college, money seems to be spent way faster than it is made. Keeping up to date with your spending and where it is going is crucial so that you don't spend it all on food runs.

9. Chegg

This app makes Chegg even better by making getting your textbooks even easier to get.

10. Your school's

Maybe the most important app for you to have, the one that is for your school. You are able to get all of your school's resources in one app and in a mobile friendly way!

11. GroupMe

Essential for anyone that is in a big group. Both Android and Apple users can all be in one huge group text without getting them sent in a weird order.