Missing Someone Who Doesn't Miss You May Be Soul-Crushing

If You Miss Someone Who Doesn't Miss You, Just Know That The Right Person Would Have Stayed

Feel all your hard feelings, understand where they stem from, but never allow them to make themselves at home.

1418

One of the most heartbreaking things I have ever experienced was losing a friend I wanted to have in my life forever. The feeling of despair I felt in losing someone who always knew how to help me was absolutely soul-crushing. There's really no other way to describe it.

I'm someone who feels every emotion very deeply, so I tend to love really hard and give way too many second chances. I've always pushed myself to believe that's a good thing, but feeling emotions intensely is not such a positive experience when you're wondering why the person you would do anything for suddenly decides you're not an essential part of their life anymore.

It took me so long to get over it. My friends started to get annoyed by how much I would talk about it, and I had to stop myself so many times from just picking up my phone and texting them again. But the only thing that stopped me from reaching out to them was the same soul-crushing realization that left me broken in the first place: they just don't care anymore.

And I know so many other people can relate to that pain. I'm not the only person who has wondered why someone just decided to walk away from a relationship that felt so unbreakable. And if you've been there, too, I promise you this: no matter how great the relationship was, you deserve someone who is going to put in the same amount of effort as you to keep it alive.

If someone decides to walk away after all your attempts to make them stay, they are making it loud and clear that they don't care. And that's so insanely difficult to come to terms with, especially if you feel emotions so intensely like me, but it's necessary. They don't care, and you deserve people in your life who do.

You are worth so much more than someone who is only prepared to love you with a fraction of what you deserve. I know how easy it is to accept lackluster love and how hard it can be to move on from those relationships, but if they decide that putting in effort to keep the relationship alive isn't worth their time anymore, then trying to force one with them isn't worth yours.

Know this: sometimes there isn't anything more you can do to make them stay, and if they can walk away so easily, you wouldn't want them to stay anyway. You are strong, capable, and worthy, and you deserve more than a relationship with someone who takes your love for granted.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.