To The College Girl Who Misses Her Mom While She's At School

To The College Girl Who Misses Her Mom While She's At School, You're Not Alone

Sometimes all you need is a good Mom phone call. Or a Mom hug. Or just your Mom.

3555
Daria Obymaha on pexels.com

I don't know about you, but I personally could never get through life without my mom. She's my confidant, mentor, therapist, caregiver, the person who literally gave me life, all wrapped up into one woman.

I can talk to my mom about anything and even though sometimes it does get a tad awkward, I know she will support me endlessly regardless of the situation. She tries her absolute hardest to make sure I continue to live the best life she and my dad could possibly supply.

It doesn't get any better than your mother.

So when I moved away to school during my freshman year of college, my whole world was turned upside down. No longer would I see my mom when she got home from work, our random shopping sprees would cease, and I couldn't finish watching our TV shows without feeling like I was betraying her.

I found myself calling my mom every chance I had, I rambled on endlessly about what I learned in all of my classes, new friends I had made, cute boys I had seen, even how I tripped going up the steps to my dorm.

I talked about every single detail, every tiresome part of my day, just to talk to her on the phone for an extended amount of time.

It's completely normal to miss your mother while you're away from her.

Your mom represents home and of course, you're homesick. I'm only a 45-minute car ride away, but it's hard to throw in time to go up to see her or even stop at home because of juggling school, work, and extracurricular activities.

I can't fathom attending school more than an hour away or on the other side of the country from my mom. She knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

It's especially difficult to go through an emotional rough patch and not have your mom there to hug it all away. She's not there to wipe your tears and cook you your favorite meal to cheer you up.

I personally steal my mom's over-sized sweaters and wear them as pajamas or really whenever I am feeling down. Be grateful for any care packages that you receive because then you know your mom was thinking of you.

So don't feel like you're acting like a child by missing your mom so terribly. Embrace being a mama's girl.