The Miracle Oil

The Miracle Oil

How would you like to know about a healthy fat that can be used in several ways?

89
The Miracle Oil
HypeBot

This article may seem completely pointless but if you have troubles with keeping your skin moisturized it is worth the read! Coconut oil is an oil extract that is also edible and has many different uses. I have many reasons for my use of coconut oil and I would like to share a few of them with you.

First, I would like to share about my use of coconut oil for cooking. Instead of using olive oil or canola oil, coconut oil is a healthier alternative and my personal favorite. It works perfectly for frying eggs or turkey bacon and many other types of foods such as plantains or different cuts of meat. Coconut oil can also be used in place of butter or other types of margarines. There are a few tricks to cooking with this healthy fat: make sure the coconut oil is not stored at room temperature because at 76 degrees it begins to liquefy. You can melt the oil down and pour it into ice cube trays, refrigerate and then store it at room temp for easy use. Lastly, its smoking point is at 350 degrees so you can also fry with it if you like. If you do decide to bake with it, make sure the items you are mixing with it are already at room temperature before combining because the oil will solidify if not. The best oil to use is virgin coconut oil but if the taste does not satisfy you then expeller-pressed coconut oil can be used instead. The big side note to all cooking uses is making sure that the coconut oil is refined and doesn't contain chemical solvents.

The second reason I love coconut oil is that I use it as a daily moisturizer. There are many ways this amazing oil can be used in your daily moisturizing routine such as: any face wipes that consists of coconut oil (without chemical solvents), coconut coffee scrub that moisturizes and rejuvenates, or coconut oil right out of the jar or whipped. Whipped? Yes, whipped coconut oil, just like whipped cream. You can whip this amazing oil and create a fluffy and creamy butter lotion. I can tell you that I keep all of these items on hand at my house because my skin is extremely dry and no other non-alcoholic lotion has moisturized my skin quite like this. The coconut coffee scrub is one of my newfound favorites due to it being a scrub used for acne, exfoliation, and stretch mark softener, and it even reduces cellulite marks. If you do not believe all of the uses for this oil, feel free to do your research, but I can promise it is well worth the money.

My favorite use of this miracle oil and the one I am most thankful for is my shampoo and conditioner use. I have the most dry scalp and I have suffered from rashes in my hairline, bad dandruff, and major itching problems to the point of many tears being shed. I remember one specific time when I had just finished putting on my makeup for my cheer competition and my hair was still twisted up in my towel to dry and I let it down to begin drying it to find that I had white flakes all over my head. I was so irritated because I had a time schedule to stick to and I didn't have much time to do my hair so I had to run it back through water and pray that I got most of it out. I know what most of you are thinking: "Wow, that is so disgusting. Why would you even tell anyone that?" Well folks, this is reality and dry scalp isn't an uncommon thing. Unfortunately, some cases are worse than others. Not to mention that I am by no means proud of my dry scalp. I am absolutely scorn with embarrassment but it is a factor I cannot control no matter how much conditioner I use or how much less frequently I was my hair. With many years of struggle and many trials of different shampoo brands, I have finally found the one that I love! The brand I have found to work so well is called "Yes to Coconut" and it can be found at Target. This shampoo and conditioner is so rich in the oil that my scalp is now well-hydrated and I have yet to find any flakes. I will say this brand may not work well with people who may have oily skin because it will only make matters worse but if you have dry skin and dry scalp this brand has everything you need. From lip balm to hand and cuticle cream, it works miracles.

I hope my testimony with this miracle oil inspires you to start more natural practices with cooking and skin moisturizing so you can be as happy as I am. I would like to throw in as a last tip to purchase your very own coconut oil in bulk from Sam's Club in a large barrel and all you will do is transfer small amounts from your large barrel and store it at room temperature. This tip will help you save money and make all of your uses for this oil much easier to maintain. Take a leap and try cooking some eggs in coconut oil or making your own sugar scrub to help keep you happier and healthier by the use of this healthy fat.