The Top 5 Miniature Tigers Songs

The Top 5 Miniature Tigers Songs

The mellow alternative music you've been craving.

640
The Top 5 Miniature Tigers Songs
Buffa Blog

Miniature Tigers, declared one of the top 25 bands on MySpace by Rolling Stone in late 2006. With their first album's, "Tell it to the Volcano", 2008 release, this four-piece has been one that gets stuck in my head a lot.

Charlie Brand is the lead singer and the founder of the group. The drummer is Rick Schafer, the guitarist is Algernon Quashie and the bassist is Ernie Holiday.

So, Pandora Radio tells me that the similar artists are: Vampire Weekend, Dr. Dog, The Shins, The Strokes, Artic Monkeys, Voxtrot, STRFKR, and Coconut Records.

Here are my favorite Miniature Tiger tracks, enjoy.

1. "Used To Be The Shit"

I love this song, mostly for the drum beat, but also because most of the song lyrics are, “We used to be the shit.” I don’t know why, but this song makes me want to turn the volume all the way up in my car and sing really loudly and REALLY off key. Trust me, it’s a great song; it’s, dare I say, the shit.

2. "Cannibal Queen"

This song is wrong in all the right ways. With one of the lyrics being, “Coming for your heart like a cannibal,” whats not to love? When I think of Miniature Tigers, I think of this song. I often times listen to this song while I’m doing things like school work because I find Charlie’s voice super calming.

3. "The Wolf"

This is first song I liked from Miniature Tigers. I could listen to this song over and over and over again. This song has a lot of rhymes in it, which makes it really easy to listen to. This has to be my favorite song by them because it’s so simple, and it is such a good song.

4. "Hot Venom"

This song makes me want to dance around my room. It’s more lively than the rest of their songs, and it also has an awesome electronic track running through the whole song. Unlike the song I’ve chosen as #5, this song is a love song. Who doesn’t love a good love song every once in awhile?

5. "Tell it to the Volcano"

This song is super chill. it’s also the ultimate break up song. “Tell it to the volcano, from what I know you’re going down the hole.” Who else wants to throw their ex into a volcano? I know I do. If I’m having a bad day, this is probably the song I’m listening to because it’s mellow enough to keep me going, but the lyrics speak my thoughts of throwing someone into a volcano.

I got the chance to go to one of their concerts and Charlie ended up singing two whole songs directly to me, with his forehead on mine. It was an amazing experience. Not only is he super cute, he is also super nice. After the concert ended, he spent about half an hour talking to me and my friends. It was a great night. (Charlie's super tall and I'm super small!!)