Why Your Mindset Is Everything

Why Your Mindset Is Everything

1761
Why Your Mindset Is Everything

Recently, I came to a huge realization through the advice that mindset is everything. Our brain is programmed to think a certain way, but the crazy thing is individuals have the power to reprogram their brain to think a certain way. We all know there are certain situations in life that we are not going to be able to control; the only thing we can control is our mindset.

The brain is prone to obsess over a negative emotion rather than a positive one because of the pain associated with it. So, say you are having a great day, but something bad ends up happening and it changes the whole perspective of your day. You, then, forget about all the great stuff that happened during the day because this one bad thing is taking over your mind. You let one little bad moment ruin your whole day -- and for what?

A friend of mine explained saying when you have a painful experience it saws deep into your brain and the happy moments don’t make as much of an imprint because they aren’t associated with pain. The brain overlooks these happy moments because they aren’t as deep as the painful ones. But, when an individual recognizes this they can rewire their brain to focus on the positive moments of each day and, I promise, it will transform your life.

The way that you tackle, handle and perceive situations is everything. When you get in the kind of mindset you want to be in then nothing can bring you down unless you let it. When your mind is clear and focusing on the positives in your life, then that is what your life will also transform too. This is why even the people who seem to have it all can still be unhappy and people that have nothing can still be happy. Their mindsets determine their happiness. It’s as simple as that.

If you have an open mindset the learning possibilities in your life are endless. But, people with closed mindsets are immediately taken away from these possibilities because they are already set in their ways they refuse to see it any other way. The truth is that your mindset is the foundation of your life.

I don’t believe this is something that people even realize or think about the power of your mind. And I promise you, once you start to realize the power of your mind and start to transform it, your life will do the same with it. Strong mind power will take control of your thoughts and reject any unnecessary thoughts.

If people open their minds to a growth mindset rather than a fixed mindset, the way that they perceive each situation will change. It’s exactly how it sounds; a growth mindset will help you grow in ways you would not even be able to imagine. While a fixed mindset will keep you fixed in your ways.

"Your mindset directly affects your actions. You have to believe you can do something before you attempt it. Otherwise, you’re going to give up after the first try. Believing you can do it will lead you to, after several tries, doing whatever you had set out to do. It all starts with mindset." Anonymous.

If you are able to train your mind to see the good in every situation then this is what will determine your happiness.