I'm A Millennial And I'm Tired

I'm A Millennial And I'm Tired

I'm tired of being judged based on a stereotype preconceived by older generations.

6
I'm A Millennial And I'm Tired
Youtube

I'm a millennial and I'm tired.

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of being told I'm wrong or stupid based on my beliefs. A great deal of people in my age group lean on the democratic, liberal, and progressive side of the spectrum. I rarely find someone with opposite views to listen to my opinions and ideas. Give me a chance to speak. I don't get upset with you based on opinions? Why are you attacking me for expressing mine when asked?

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of being told I'm lazy, a narcissist, and entitled. I'm tired of being judged based on a stereotype preconceived by older generations. Stop blaming my generation for your problems. You raised us. The majority of people in my age group work their butts off for what they have in a system designed for us to fail. People wonder why we still live with our parents. We can't afford accommodations from past generations crashing the housing market. Stop telling us that our degrees are useless. A degree in anything will better you in some way. A degree in Anthropology, Education, and Theater all have openings somewhere. We are sick of hearing you tell us that we are wasting money on degrees with no jobs. Well, we don't want to work a dead-end job on a starvation wage without trying to better ourselves.

Yes, we got a lot of trophies, but you gave them to us. They didn't harm us. Every trophy I ever received made me feel great. I didn't turn out "wrong." I don't think anybody else did either.

You say we only think about ourselves. You couldn't be more wrong. We care deeply. We are lucky to be in a more progressive world where we can express our emotions. We are lucky to be able to express our individuality, sexuality, and values while accepting them from others. We love to love. We aren't filled with the prejudices of our ancestors. We don't look at skin color, sexuality, or gender as a way to judge someone. We want to accept others as we accept ourselves.

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of this ongoing gun violence. When will enough be enough? How come people younger than me (I'm 22) can see that Obama isn't on a mission to take away every American's guns? That's fuel that the NRA and conservative media use for political play. We are becoming numb to all the slaughter. Just yesterday at work my coworker said to me, "Wow there wasn't any mass shootings today." I don't want to live in a world where this is normal. Why can't we take common-sense steps to save lives?

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of people denying climate change. It is a scientific fact based on REAL SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. If you can't see this then you are willfully blind. We have an obligation as a species to maintain our planet. Don't keep telling us that we need to stay on coal and hazardous materials for forever. We can wean ourselves off to renewable sources. There are so many jobs in renewable energy. You won't lose your job, you'll switch your job. There is no reason to keep polluting our Earth. We owe it to future generations to maintain our world. The environment shouldn't be a political issue. It should be a global issue that everyone should unite into combat.

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of all the hate. It's 2016, how can we still hate and condemn someone because of their sexuality? That's like not playing on the playground with someone because their favorite color is yellow. It makes no sense. You don't know the pain of transgender people in our society. All you care about is where they pee for your political agenda. You can have religious beliefs and still not be an a**hole. My grandfather who is a Pastor has always said to me, "Religion is about loving one another and treating each other with respect." How can you worship with a heart filled with hate for a religion about acceptance of one another? That just makes you a hypocrite who really isn't a good representation of that religion followed. Moreover, this is another issue that we are sick of seeing as a political issue. Love is love. There should be no issue in someone being with someone whom they love. Let's ditch the political play and be decent people.

I'm a millennial and I'm tired of so many things in this world. We are drained by the oppression and hate in our society We are an age group who wants to make a living in a world designed for us to fail. We are a generation who wants to end the same-old-same-old lifestyle. We have ideas. We have so much to offer this world. We are starting to flood into the real world, making the changes needed.

I'm a millennial and I'm ready for change. I want to see people my age really voice themselves. We have so many fresh, progressive outlooks that can really change the world. Bashing and saying idiotic lines about how moronic we are isn't going to stop us. It's just going to add fuel to our fires of wanting to better the world. Bernie Sanders once said, "Finally, let us understand that when we stand together, we will always win. When men and women stand together for justice, we win. When black, white and Hispanic people stand together for justice, we win." We as a generation have had enough. We are going to change the world. And like it or not, we are the majority now.