Miles Apart But Still Best Friends At Heart

Thank you for continuing to be my best friend despite the distance in between us.

259

It is hard to remember how we even became friends, but somewhere along the line something clicked, and we haven't left each others side since. High school would have been terrible without you. We always found something to do do in our boring little town. Movies and food were always an option, and spontaneous shopping trips were great. We were as comfortable in each other's houses as we were in our own.

Without a doubt most of the memories made in high school, were made together. Time spent together was time well spent no matter what we were doing. Looking back now, I am thankful for all of the time we got to spend together, but I am even more thankful for how close we have remained.

I'll never forget the conversations that we had leading up to the day we left for school. We had been friends, for what seemed like forever, and we were nervous that we forgot how to make new friends. We knew we would make friends, but no friendship would be the same as ours. We weren't quite ready to go separate ways, but we were still excited for the new opportunities that laid ahead. When we get together on school breaks and long weekends we are able to pick up where we left off like nothing has changed.

We may not see each other as much as we like, but we make up for it in other ways. I am thankful that we never go more then a few days without texting each other. There is always something to talk about because we don't see each other every day. I appreciate that I am still the person you confide in in when you have a random question, boy issues or crazy mother problems. In return I know I can always count on you when I want to complain about something or tell you a funny story.

We can't sit in front of the T.V. and eat pizza and M&M's all of the time anymore. We can't go to the mall and by new clothes together. We can't stop by and see each other at work, but that doesn't stop us. We can still text each other and say, "OMG did you see what so-and-so posted on Instagram?" We can still Snapchat each other new shoes and ask each other if what we are wearing looks good. Most of all it doesn't stop us from complaining about work at work.

We have already been through a lot together and I am almost 100% certain that we will go through so much more together. We may be miles apart for a really long time but that won't get in the way of our friendship. I plan to be your friend for a really long time, and I hope that you feel the same way. Thank you for being almost the same person as me and enjoying all of the things that I do. I appreciate you as a person and look forward to seeing where life takes us. Thank you for being you and thank you for liking me and being my friend.