Actually, You Might Not Miss High School

High school, for most people, is a time in their lives that they wish they could forget and would never, ever go back to even if bribed.

118

After following the Odyssey on Facebook, I've noticed that a majority of the articles are written toward high school seniors, whether it be to play every moment of your games in senior year like it's your last- because they are, or to embrace every aspect of high school life, saying things like go to prom! Go to the football games! Participate in senior activities!

Guess what kiddos. High school is not the best four years of your life, and if it was.. you might want to reevaluate your life choices. High school, for most people, is a time in their lives that they wish they could forget and would never, ever go back to even if bribed.

It's true what they say- it does get better. College is one of the greatest things one can experience. Even though it's definitely harder and very stressful, you're finally surrounded by people who are as dedicated to academia as you might be, and there are so many interest clubs and classes where you can meet people who are just like you.

Also, if you were a student-athlete in high school and either can't or won't play for your college team, there are SO many options in which you can continue to play your sport or even pick up a new one! Most colleges offer Intramural or even Club sports for you to play, and it never has to be your last game.

Even if you don't attend college or go to a trade school, there are so many new things that you get to experience as an adult that by far beat any experiences you got in high school. Starting your life without constant judgment and ridicule from your peers and being forced to wake up before the sun rises has its perks.

There's a whole world out there, believe it or not. After graduation, you won't be confined to the depressing, cinder-block walls that have encased you for four years. You can see the world, meet new people and truly appreciate what life is meant to be without worrying about being up at 5:30 in the morning.

Personally, there isn't enough money in the world to make me go back to high school. I was even involved in everything, went to prom, games, was on student council, NHS and many other committees and guess what? They're overrated and are only a line on your college applications. Not that you shouldn't do them, just don't stress so much because they truly don't affect your adult life in any way.

So, don't worry if you don't feel like going to the Homecoming game or spending $300 on a prom dress that you will never wear again. Because if you don't, LITERALLY NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. Do whatever you want with your high school career, spend your time how you want to and don't let anyone tell you differently. Because the only regret you will have if you don't, is that you let someone else's advice ruin your experience.