Midwest Music Festival Bucket List

11 Midwest Music Festivals To Add To Your Musical Bucket List

Rock out with your soul out!

93
Gianna Fazzini

Music has been a part of peoples lives ever since people came into existence! It heals souls and brings people together. That is why I am sharing my music festival bucket list with yall! All of these festivals are located in the Midwest so if you are from the area then making the trip won't be so ungodly. So let us combine the best two things in the universe, in my opinion, music and adventure!

1. Bonnaroo: Manchester, TN

ROO! This is definitely a dream of mine to attend Bonnaroo. This festival is hopping with around 65,000 people attending in 2017! It features an array of genres such as pop, alternative rock, hip hop, EDM country and much more! So much variety! Bonnaroo is definitely all about exploring different types of music. There are notable and famous acts such as Eminem to Stevie Wonder that set foot in Manchester to rock our worlds. Not only there are amazing musical acts to see, there are activity tents ( such as the comedy and cinema tent and art installations for people to enjoy. Plenty of memories to make.

2. Electric Forest: Rotherbury, MI

Ah, the Forest. Next year I will be walking into this magical place with my graduation gown flowing around me. There has been so much hype about this festival because it seems like straight out of a scene of Alice in Wonderland. The art surrounding you will make you believe you have stepped into another dimension. In addition, the festival features jam bands and electronic musical acts. But I think what gives this festival is charm is the fact you can make your own adventure here at the festival: music, art, and activities galore. Can't wait to get lost in the forest.

3. Lollapalooza: Chicago, IL

SO PUMPED! This year I finally get to attend Lollapalooza. Or a staple of young adulthood, as I like to call it. This legendary 4 day festival in Chicago features acts across various music genres such as rock, metal, hip hop, EDM, rock, pop and SO much more! It hosts more than 160,000 people throughout the festival. It has become so popular it has now expanded globally. You have no excuse, fire up your ears and get to the city!

4. Summer Camp: Chilicothe, IL

I shall not forget Summer Camp 2017. Snazzy times. Fun for the whole family. For real, even my parents came to shake things up. Scamp mainly features electronic arts and jam bands, so get your groove on! In addition, there were carnival rides (remember that zipper ride that almost made you pee your pants, they got that) , jellyfish swings and activity tents to play around in. Highly recommend if you have never been to a camping festival! It is a good place to start.

5. Mamby on the Beach: Chicago, IL

Sad I had to miss this one this year! Great music and the beach! Honestly, there is nothing better than that! Featuring hip hop, EDM and various other types of genres, come down to the beach and jam with your peeps.

6. Summerfest: Milkawkee , WI

Given the official title in 1999, Summerfest is the World's largest music festival! It contains at least 800 acts and 1,000 performances throughout the 11 days it is open! This festival hosts local and national musical acts and also includes comedy acts, shopping, fireworks and an array of activities to participate in. The musical acts come from a variety of genres already listed above in addition to bluegrass, folk, and gospel. They even have zydeco, which I did not even know was a genre. It is described as a music genre combining rhythm, jazz, and blues that originated in Louisiana. Sounds spicy. SIGN ME UP.

7. Pitchfork: Chicago, IL

If you are all about discovering new types of music, Pitchfork is the festival for you. It features artists from genres such as alternative rock, indie rock, indie electronica and hip hop. This can be a great chance to discover something new in your world of music!

8. Riot Fest: Chicago, IL

Riot Fest is coming up! Get ready to rock and roll. Riot fest specializes in rock, alternative rock and sometimes hip hop The fest is known for full album performances and special guest performances! Unleash your inner rock beast!

9. Soundset Music Festival: Falcon Heights, MN

Calling all hip hop fans! This is the fest for you! Starting in 2008, this festival has hosted multiple famous hip hop artists such as Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Chance the Rapper. Can't miss if you are a huge fan of this genre of music.

10. Maha Music Festival: Omaha, NE

Maha music festival is an independent music festival features rock, indie, electronic and hip hop. Something for everyone! The fest is also ran by a non- for profit organization called YFC, Inc. They were founded by a group of people passionate about music culture in order to build music festivals to support local charities in the community.

11. Rock Fest: Cadott, WI

ROCK OUT. Rock fest is the largest camping rock fest in the United States! It features the best of active and classic rock!

Rock out with your soul out! Make the plans and go towards great music, love and friendship. Make some memories with your loved ones that you will never forget. Maybe I'll catch y 'all at these someday. I am always following the music.