11 Panic! At The Disco Songs That Perfectly Sum Up The Angst of Midterm Season
Education

The Angst Of Midterm Season As Told By 11 Panic! At The Disco Song Lyrics

This is Gospel, for the sleepy students, locked away in permanent slumber.

99
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stormofgenius/5924962177

Perhaps you've stumbled upon my creator page before, and if you have, you certainly would have noticed that P!ATD is one-third of what I subsist on. (You should click here to find out the other two, and check out some other, in my completely unbiased opinion, amazing articles. Just saying.)

Naturally, I could not help but to take my love for this band and relate it back to the most dreadful, feared upon, heart-wrenching time of year for all students across the globe.... dare I say it? Midterm season.

1. "Do I look lonely? I see the shadows on my face." ("Death of A Bachelor," 2016)

You know the feeling: maybe you haven't slept, or you have slept but you're at that uncomfortable amount of sleep where you can still function, but you just cannot stop thinking about your warm bed no matter what.

I'm kind of there right now.

2. "I'm going insane and I don't care." ("Dancing's Not A Crime," 2018)

You read the textbook, but it all just looks like hieroglyphs and nonsense. I mean, they know that we don't understand what we're reading anyways, so why not just make them a little bit more straightforward and not so fluffy?

3. "Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers." ("Hallelujah," 2016)

Sometimes, when you're headed into a really hard exam that may or may not kick you square in the butt, you just gotta pray and convince yourself that the studying you did do is actually going to be enough for the exam.

4. "Don't threaten me with a good time." ("Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time," 2016)

Social life, anyone? No, certainly not I.

5. "I chime in with a 'haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?'" ("I Write Sins Not Tragedies," 2005)

I remember SO vividly taking an exam for one of my classes and there were so many people crowded around the door (which was open, mind you) and they were talking quite loudly. This lyric definitely popped in my head.

6. "Say what you mean, tell me I'm right." ("The Ballad Of Mona Lisa," 2011)

That's all you really want, is to know that what you're saying is correct, and sometimes it can be a little difficult to understand the message that your professor really means to convey. You literally feel how Brendan Urie looks in this GIF.

7. "Some days I lie wide awake till the sun hits my face." ("King Of The Clouds," 2018)

Or, sometimes It can feel that way when you've spent hours upon hours upon endless hours studying, reading and doing homework. But hey, they say sleep is underrated... right?

8. "If every night I go to sleep knowing that I gave everything that I had to give, then it's all I could have asked for." ("Say Amen," 2018)

This one is a little more positive: as long as you give it your all, and put all your effort into it, then don't worry too much about it. I promise you aren't going to remember this day five years from now, nor will it matter. Just have confidence in yourself and know that you are going to do amazing.

9. "Sit back, just sit back, just sit back and relax." ("Camisado," 2005)

Seriously, don't stress too much. Just take a deep breath, you've got this! Urie amazing!...… Alright, I'm sorry for that mediocre pun of Brendan's last name, but you know I had to. You know you smiled a little bit.

10. "Boy, you better put that pen to paper and charm your way out." ("London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines," 2005)

I'm pretty sure this is what every student tells themselves before they write an essay, as we fashion an answer out of sleep-deprived notes.

11. "Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, all my friends we're glorious, tonight we are victorious." ("Victorious," 2016)

No better feeling than when you get your exam score back to see an amazing grade.

Look at you! You finished your midterms, and you aced every single one of them. Looks like there was nothing to be worried about after all.