A Playlist From The iPod Of A Middle Schooler In 2011

A reminder of simpler times.

143
Woman listening to music laying down on yoga mat

The other day I was laying on my couch passing time on my phone, when I happened to open my iTunes Music app. No big deal right? Actually, HUGE deal! I can't remember the last time I opened iTunes, and boy am I glad I did. Looking through my playlists, it was like I had stepped into a time machine and been transported back to my middle school self. These were the golden years of my 4th generation iPod nano that my mom handed down to me when she got a new iPod shuffle.

These songs were with me at my first concert, when I was preparing myself to ask my 6th-grade crush to the dance, or when I'd stare out the window of my parents' car pretending my life was a movie (please tell me I'm not the only one). My iPod went with me everywhere. So if you're feeling a little nostalgic, here's a playlist from the iPod of a middle schooler in 2011.

1. "You Belong With Me" — Taylor Swift

2. "Ain't No Other Man" — Christina Aguilera

3. "Dip It Low" — Christina Milian

4. "Dance With Me Tonight" — Olly Murs

5. "London Bridge" — Fergie

6. "Paralyzer" — Finger Eleven

7. "Low" — Flo Rida ft. T-Pain

8. "Crazy" — Gnarls Barkley

9. "Where Is The Love" — The Black Eyed Peas

10. "Too Little, Too Late" — JoJo

11. "Ignition" — R. Kelly

12. "Whine Up" — Kat DeLuna ft. Elephant Man

13. "Buy U A Drank" — T-Pain ft. Yung Joc

14. "Turn Me On" — Kevin Lyttle

15. "Grenade" — Bruno Mars

16. "Hey Ya!" — Outkast

17. "Wake Up Call" — Maroon 5

18. "Sugar, We're Goin Down" — Fall Out Boys

19. "Don't Cha" — Pussycat Dolls

20. "Pon De Replay" — Rihanna

21. "My First Kiss" — 3OH!3 ft. Ke$ha

22. "Get Up" — Ciara ft. Chamillionaire

23. "Crazy In Love" — Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z

24. "Before He Cheats" — Carrie Underwood

25. "Sk8r Boy" — Avril Lavigne

From Your Site Articles