The Mid-Semester Day In The Life Of A Student Told By Spongebob Squarepants

How a day typically goes for a college student during the chaotic mid semester.

129
MaxPixel

Spongebob Squarepants was my favorite cartoon when I was little, because I could relate to his antics. Eleven years later I can still relate to this goofy cartoon sponge, but on a different level. Now that I am half way done with college, I am very acquainted with the madness that is the middle of the semester. The characters of Spongebob Squarepants do an excellent job explaining, how a typical day in the life of a college student goes in the middle of the semester.

1. You wake up and realize you have a million and one things to do.

When it's the middle of the semester, you never have a free day. Ever.

2. You then rush to class in the most comfortable outfit you own.

My favorite comfy outfit to wear is any combination of workout clothes. Since I wait until the last minute to leave for campus, I have to rush to class. So I count it as my daily workout.

3. Then your professor calls on you to explain the reading you didn't read.

The middle of the semester is crazy. We don't have time to read every single reading for all of our classes, so we have to try to pick and choose which reading to do for the night. Sometimes we pick wrong and this happens.

4. You then mistakenly walk on the concourse.

The organizations that are spreading their ideas are great and all. But, students are rather grouchy in the middle of the semester. So the concourse campaigners' extra enthusiasm and persistence doesn't exactly appeal to you.

5. Then you go to your professor's office hour to discuss your paper's grade.

No matter how confident you are in yourself, you always seem to feel a little nervous when you go to your professor to talk about a grade. So you try to act as put together and normal as possible, because at least you can control that.

6. You try to seal the deal about your grade as you leave the professor's office.

C'mon we all do this- you try to soften them up with light conversation, about the weather or football, as you leave because you think it'll make it difference. To your dismay, it never really does.

7. Then you go home and eat away your feelings.

Cookies are great, I recommend cookies.

8. And then you realize you have a bunch of household duties to do.

Since you are now depleted of clean clothes and dishes, you must now do all of your house hold duties in one day.

9. Now you have to get ready for your interview with a campus organization.

You put extra effort into looking your best and most presentable. You take twice as long to do your hair and make up, and you have the perfect business professional outfit picked out.

10. And you're on your way to your interview feeling great about yourself.

Now that you are feeling yourself, you are ready to knock out your interview.

11. The interview goes great, until you accidentally say something weird.

We have all been there when we've been nervous. It just happens and it's okay.

12. You then realize it's 8 p.m. and you haven't eaten dinner.

You are so hungry and tired you are willing to eat anything.

13. The eating continues...

College students tend to feast. Or at least I do.

14. After you finish homework, you lay down to go to bed.

You are so excited the day is over and you can finally rest.

15. Then you realize you forgot to study for a quiz the next day.

This is actually the worst feeling.

16. Your brain then searches for the motivation to study...

But you decide it's not worth it to study this late, when you're this tired.

17. So you decide to study for the quiz tomorrow morning before the class and go back to sleep.

Yes, your sanity does come before a quiz grade. Also you know you'll be able to pull it off, because you always do. It's just another day in the life of a college student in the middle of the semester.