Mid-Semester Blues Sightings

Mid-Semester Blues Sightings

As the shiny newness of 1st semester begins to wear off, it is easy to fall into the mid-semester blues.

9
Mid-Semester Blues Sightings
Meme Generator

As the shiny newness of 1st semester begins to wear off, it is easy to fall into the mid-semester blues. Your days become long and daily life seems to be this everlasting cycle. With monotonous lectures and mediocre campus food crowding your college vibe, you will start to see some really strange things. Here is what college starts to look like.

1.) Pajamas in Public

You will finally start to see people act like zombies, in true Halloween spirit! Whether it is the just rolled out of bed look, the haven't done laundry in a month look, the hung over and need coffee look, or the plain lazy look, more than likely you will pass some plaid pajama wearing fools all around campus. Slippers will become common foot attire, regardless of the rain or snow, and I'm warning you to not be surprised when you hear snoring in class.

2.) Is it fall? Or is it summer?

One day its eighty degrees, the next it is rainy and cold. As the leaves change and fall, it is easy to see Mother Nature battling over which season she loves more. Even though we want summer to last forever, lets be honest, nothing is more annoying than having to drag out your summer clothes again in false hope of nice weather as it flip-flops between freezing or hot as hell.

3.) The need for caffeine

If hospitals could give IV's with a caffeine, any college student would volunteer as tribute. With midterm exams and projects all piled around the same time, students spend hours trying to put all the information their little brains. Every day only has 24 hours, so why not maximize your productivity with the spikes of caffeinated energy.

4.) Halloweenies

I promise, Halloween isn't a single day in college, it' a large portion of October. With dress up parties and events around campus, nothing beats the Halloween spirit. Go get some trashy costumes and enjoy the fun, after all it IS only one month out of the year.

5.) Mid Semester Blues

As I talked about above, the mid-semester blues will start to loom over your head. School is getting harder, the weather is gloomier, and maybe you'll even battle homesickness. The best thing you can do is take some time for yourself. Do something that makes you happy, take a short nap, go to a new restaurant, or even make a new friend! College is this amazing place, and you should let a slump in your routine be in control of you.