MGM Resorts Sues Victims

To Sue The Victims Of A Mass Shooting May Seem Heartless But MGM Resort Is Doing It

Yes unfortunately you read that right.

67

MGM Resorts, who owns one of the most famous Las Vegas hotels, Mandalay Bay, is now suing the victims of last October's mass shooting.

Last October, 58 people were killed and several hundred people were wounded when a gunman opened fire from the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay. This was one of the deadliest mass shootings in the history of the United States.

MGM Resorts decided to sue these victims to dismiss liability against them in these deaths or injuries. Although they are not financially suing, how could they not be liable? They have cameras everywhere and can track every penny spent on the casino floor yet they didn't know an individual was carrying an arsenal into his hotel room? That's unacceptable. To get on a plane you have to go through multiple security checks before you can even step foot on the plane. Why don't hotels have more security? I would be totally content with a longer process for checking into a hotel if it meant having good security especially in Las Vegas--one of the biggest cities and travel destination in the world.

To sue the victims of this mass shooting may seem, oh I don't know, HEARTLESS but don't worry an MGM spokeswoman really corrected the situation. MGM spokeswoman Debra DeShong said, "the Federal Court is an appropriate venue for these cases and provides those affected with the opportunity for a timely resolution. Years of drawn-out litigation and hearings are not the best interest of victims, the community and those still healing" in a statement on Monday. Wow. I have never heard something more outrageous in my entire life.

I didn't write this article to talk about gun control. I didn't write this article to talk about money. I wrote this article because everyone needs to know how slimy and low this situation is. People suffered indescribable sheer terror. People LOST THEIR LIVES because other people don't want hotel staff looking through their bags. We as human beings in this country need to realize that one minor inconvenience to you could save other people's lives. 9/11 happened and no one complains anymore about airport security. Hotels need to be more diligent about security. If this can happen in Vegas this can happen anywhere.

Everyone is up in arms about this now. But as history has shown time and time again this will just be a tiny blip in the radar for MGM. People will still support them by staying at their hotels. People will still gamble in their casinos. And eventually, people will forget. Bigger stories will hit the news and this situation will get brushed under the rug.

I'm going to Las Vegas next summer for my 21st and there is absolutely no way in hell that I'm spending any money at the MGM resorts. I refuse to support this.