Mexican Parties Are The Best Parties, Change My Mind

Mexican Parties Are The Best Parties, Change My Mind (You Can't)

We just have the best parties. Plain and simple.

301

The booze. The music. The familiar and unfamiliar faces. The late nights. The smiles and laughs.

This is literally all you need to have a good party. However, it can have a different meaning if you're Mexican and are constantly going to these parties. If you don't know why Mexican parties are the best, then I'll give you the rundown.

1. We do NOT RSVP.

Whether it's a big party or a small gathering, RSVP's do not matter. We send them out to be considerate and don't expect you to actually respond to it. If you do and decide to bring more people, then go for it. We have enough plates of food for everyone.

2. No party is too small.

We like to party, and we like to have people around. Yes, sometimes our parties are like 200+ and no, that is not too much. You have to invite your tía and her family who have their own families of their own and then they invite their friends and family, which is okay. Bring whoever you want as long as they are up for a good time.

3. There will be booze...lots of it.

ALWAYS. There will always be alcohol whether you just want to drink to relax after a long week or if you want to get drunk because you just broke up with your boyfriend. At Mexican parties, there will probably be more alcohol than actual soda and water. Just don't be an angry drunk, no one likes those drunks.

4. The kids will be happy.

If you have kids, this is your couple of hours you actually forget that you have kids. With everyone's little cousins and kids, your own kid will make friends and leave you alone the whole party. You might even go the whole party without knowing where your kid is or what they are doing.

5. You MUST say hi to everyone.

There is no excuse. Whether you know them or you don't, you greet everyone who arrived before you. It's simple manners and extremely crucial at Mexican parties like this. It doesn't matter if there are 200+ people there, you better be saying hi to everyone.

6. The party never truly ends.

We don't have an end time for parties, especially those that are hosted in houses. Before you know it, it's 2:30 a.m. and you are all just sitting there recounting funny stories and laughing so much your stomach starts to hurt. But I think that's one of the best parts of it.

7. We do it all over again the next day.

Yup, you read that right. Even if you went home at 3 a.m., you better be there for the recalentado the next day and get ready to feast on leftover and cure your hangover.

8. You are surrounded by the people you love.

This one is the most important for me because now that I live away from home for school, every family party is one of the few times I get to see everyone and nothing warms my heart more than seeing everyone I love gathered in one place. We get to laugh, share funny stories, and make memories that I am beginning to treasure a lot more.

If you have never gone to a Mexican party, then you are sure missing out. But also let me know so I can invite you to the next one.