You Must Be Confused If You Think Pansexuality And Bisexuality Are The Same
Identities

You must be confused if you think pansexuality and bisexuality are the same

I know it can be confusing, so bear with me.

346
https://unsplash.com/photos/o2glCCYUCe8
Sharon McCutcheon

This subject can be very confusing for a lot of people. Bisexuality and Pansexuality on the face look the same because some of the population uses these words interchangeably, but they aren't the same. One of them has to do with the attraction of cisgender people and the other has to do with the attraction of the gender identities. There is hate that comes with these terms due to their unusual nature. Imagine being called selfish and indecisive because we can't "pick one gender" to be attracted to. That is disrespectful considering we don't judge because you love one type of person. Pansexuality and bisexuality aren't completely the same and people need to be educated about this.

If you are pansexual, that means gender doesn't have a place when you are attracted to someone. Just like the bisexuality stereotype, we as pansexuals go through the same hate in the LGBTQ+ community because "we can't make up our mind". Whats wrong with falling for someone because of them regardless of gender? A person can have a different gender identity that is outside the norm, but a pansexual wouldn't see the binary gender. A person can identify as pansexual and have a fluid gender identity; that is why I've explained gender identity in the other paragraph. When you look at the word pansexual, it has the word pan which is Greek for "all". This is not to be confused with the word bisexual which has the word Bi in it which is Greek for "two". If you need an example, look at Deadpool, he is a famous example of Pansexuality.

Dead Pool

Bisexuality is a term that is well known for many stereotypes that aren't often true. Bisexuality is often confused for polyamory, which is when a person is in a relationship with more than one person. Bisexuality means that you are attracted to cisgender male and female. The term bisexual is a traditional term used for those who "go for both sides". There is a lot of hate centered around bisexuals in both the heterosexual and homosexual community because there is still a belief that you have to choose a side. That's why bisexuals don't "come out" because of the hate they receive from the LGBTQ+ and Heterosexual communities. As a recap, the word bisexual has the word Bi in it which means "two". This is not to be confused with Pansexual's word pan. If you need an example of a famous bisexual is none other than Megan Fox, you know her from the movies Transformers and Jennifer's Body.

Megan Fox

Gender identity is a term that is newer to this society. Through the years, we only knew that there was male and female. It was a way to label our sexual organs and to keep tabs on us in the government. Cisgender is when we identify with the gender we were born with. Some people don't identify with the gender they are born with. As humans, we are more than the labels that are given to us. We went through as a society with a sense of there are certain jobs that binary genders are supposed to do. We now live in an age where we can do whatever we please.

Some people use the terms interchangeably, but Pansexuality and Bisexuality are not the same. One talks about the attraction to a person regardless of gender identity and the other deals with the attraction to cisgender people. Gender identity talks about what gender you identify with but sometimes a person doesn't identify with the gender that they are assigned at birth. We should respect that due to the fact that they respect your need to go with the gender that you go by.