6 Things Only People From Metro Atlanta Get

Atlanta? Atlanta.

201

Something about growing up in metro Atlanta is special. Whether it be being so close to one of the fastest growing cities in the US or always having the best concerts come right to your doorstep, every metro Atlantan can relate to these 6 essential facts about growing up in the A.

1. Friday nights were for football. Period.

Football in the South is a way of life, so if your high school wasn't filled with tailgaters and students with paint all over their bodies every Friday night, you definitely didn't get the traditional Georgian high school experience.

2. You definitely didn't live inside the Perimeter, but you told people you did anyway.

First of all, saying you're from Atlanta is way easier. Second of all, it sounds way cooler than saying you're from Roswell, Marietta, or Kennesaw.

3. Chick-Fil-A and Moe's were your go-to's in high school.

Going to Chick-Fil-A before school and actually making it to school on time was a feat in and of itself: the morning lines alone took at least 45 minutes to get through. And after school, Moe's was the greatest place to get some of the best queso around.

4. When Panda by Desiigner came out, you ate that UP.

"I got broads in Atlanta" gave you so much Atlanta pride you could hardly contain it.

5. Any chance of snow threw your school into a riot.

The moment Channel 2 Action News came on with a report of even a 10% chance of snow, your Twitter feed blew up with Tweets asking if school was cancelled and people harassing meteorologists.

6. Atlanta sports will forever disappoint you (but you love them unconditionally).

Enter the Braves' constant disappointment, the 2017 Super Bowl, and the 2018 National Championship, and you know exactly what it's like to cheer for sports teams in Atlanta/the state of Georgia.