The Message That Changed Everything

The Message That Changed Everything

4 Chairs: Which are you in?

32
The Message That Changed Everything
Joel

This message is close to my heart, I'll say that much. I first heard it in March of 2015, and it has changed everything for me. I believe it has the power to change everything for anyone else too, but only through God's work.

Know that I don't write this to condemn anyone or place myself over anyone. Only God has those rights, and me? Well, I struggle constantly.

First, let me give credit where credit is due, and say that Adrian Despres, who was the chaplin of the Gamecocks football team, is the creator and speaker of this message. More than that though, I believe God speaks through him. For my fellow CSU students who were at chapel last Wednesday, I hope and pray that you let this message take a hold of your hearts, that you were courageous enough to declare what seat you've been living in and faithful enough to let God lead you towards the one He wants you to be in. If not, this just might be your second chance. God loves you and wants nothing more than for you to love Him in return.

So, chair number 1... This is the chair for the Christians that love Jesus! God's will is that everyone can be in this chair. This is the chair for the person that walks the "narrow road" the Bible is always talking about. This person shares their faith and lives it out! They spend time with God and enjoy it. Sadly, majority of Christians don't live in this chair. It's not the easiest to live in, not with our prideful and sinful nature.

Again I'll say, the person in this chair loves Jesus. When someone is in love with someone, they do crazy things for that someone. I'll ask the question that Adrian asked: What crazy thing have you done for Jesus lately? There's so many bible verses that point us to this chair, but the one Adrian mentioned is Nehemiah 8:10, which ends with "for the joy of the Lord is your strength". Do you feel that joy? Does it give you strength?

Chair number 2... This is the chair that a high majority of Christians sit in. Why do I say sit? Because in this chair, you're not really living spiritually. The person in this chair is used to God, just going through the motions, and has probably grown up in church (which nothing is wrong with that). They aren't growing in their faith. They complain when church/worship isn't exactly like they want it; the focus is me, me, me, when the focus of both church and worship should be pleasing God alone.

The person in this chair is saved, yes, but they don't look very differently from someone who isn't. Bible verses like Like Adrian said, "This person goes half-speed for Jesus." Revelation 2:4 says it this way: "But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first."

Chair number 4... Yes it comes before chair number 3, but here's why: If you're in this chair, there's awesome hope for you. This is the chair that knows they're not a Christian. For whatever reason, this chair doesn't believe in Jesus.

They sit back and look at Christians, and sadly, the chair two Christians turn them off from Jesus. There's hope for the people in this chair because Jesus came to save sinners, not the ones who think they have it all together (Matthew 9:13), which leads us to...

Chair number 3... The most dangerous chair, as Adrian emphasized. Why's it so dangerous? This person thinks they're saved, but really isn't. Matthew 7:23 expresses Jesus' words towards this person saying, "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

There hasn't been a heart change for this person. One specific thing about the person in this chair is that their sin doesn't bother them. There has not been true repentance and acceptance of Jesus into their heart.

Don't let the devil keep you from being honest with yourself. Pray, reread it, take some time to yourself. Do whatever you have to do, but don't take this message lightly. Life is too short to have doubts on how you will spend eternity. Which chair are you in and which chair do you want to be in?

P.S. Here's the video of the actual message if anyone wants to watch it, because honestly, my words can't do it justice.